Another Love

Chapter 42 : Another Love

'' We will always be safe , right here in this bed '' Marcus whispered into my ear , his voice as smooth as velvet . He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and inhaled deeply - calming all of my nerves . I stared at him in complete awe , fascinated by his mysterious presence . I wanted to trust him , and I wanted to love him - But he is the devil in disguise . His undeniable beauty drew me in -weakened me to a pathetic state . He was tainted - flawed - and dangerous . He was created for destruction - everything he touched ...... he ruined .

'' Your no good for me . ''

'' Do you believe in second chances , tori ? '' He asked , completely ignoring my previous statement .

'' Don't we all ? ''

He stared at me , before a warm smile spread across his flawless features . That smile .. That perfect , boyish smile .

'' I believe that you are my second chance , tori . You are my only ticket to redemption ... It's never been so clear . You make me want to be a better person . I've never felt this way about anyone before.. '' Almost immediately , I found myself mesmerized by his loving words . I've heard those words come out of his mouth over a million and one times but they still have the same effect that had on me the very first time he ever spoke them. I could feel my heart swelling with sadness-pity , and I want to desperately comfort him , but I restrained myself .

When I didn't bother to reply , he continued .

'' I want to make love to you . ''

My eyes instantly widened in shock , the second the shameful words spilled from his lips . Instantly , I shook my head - rejecting his awful request .

'' You make me forget about the world . '' He murmured , his eyes never leaving mine . Slowly , he leaned in and brushed his soft lips against mine - hypnotizing me . I tried to pull away but he snaked his arm around my waist and held me in place .

'' Please . '' The desperation is clear in his weak tone , and I knew that he needed this .

He needed me .

So , that night I willingly gave myself to him .

What a glorious mistake I made .

'' WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?! '' Marcus's booming voice , snapped me out of my thoughts . I then realized that I had Marcus pinned to the floor and my knife pressed up against his neck . He stared at me with pure horror and confusion in his wide eyes .

'' What do you think I'm doing ? '' I could barely recognize my own voice . It sounded so dull ...so dead .

Savagely , I grabbed a fistful of Marcus's hair and slammed his head off of the hard wood floors . He groaned in pain and narrowed his green eyes at me , warningly .

'' Why are you doing this to me , tori ? I thought you ... I thought you - '' He chocked on his words , struggling to form a complete sentence . His glassy eyes watered dramatically and his lip faintly quivered . I could tell he was heart broken , and the mere thought made me want to burst out in tears - but I maintained my emotionless expression for his sake as well as mine .

'' You thought what ? '' I spat at him , pressing my lips together into a thin line .

He winced at my harsh tone , unable to hide his shocked expression .

'' I thought you were in love with me . '' He spoke , quietly - his eyes shining with hope and passion .

A large lump formed in my dry throat , making it almost impossible to breathe . Don't break , Victoria . Don't let him break you .

'' I AM IN LOVE WITH SCOTT , NOT YOU ! '' The words left my mouth before I could even process them , and I instantly regretted voicing my thoughts out loud . I'd be lucky if he didn't snap my neck , for just admitting that I am in fact - in love with his brother .

Without seeing it coming , Marcus flipped me over onto my back - switching positions with me. I gasped in surprise when Marcus snatched the knife out of my hand and threw it clean across the room .

'' Scott is manipulating you , tori ! He is turning you against me , because he knows that you are my only vulnerability . He set you up on a suicide mission ! '' He snapped at me , letting the raging anger consume every single fiber in his body . His eyes turned completely black with fury , and I knew that I had really gotten to him this time .

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion , as I started to wildly squirm beneath him . He was lying to me ...he had to be !

'' I am not the real problem here , tori ..... Scott is ! Can't you see that he's using you !! ''

Scott wouldn't do that to me , I know he wouldn't . I know Scott better than anyone and he is definitely not the bad guy . What Marcus is telling me has to be complete bullshit .

'' Your lying ! ''

'' He doesn't love you , tori . He just wants you to kill me , because your the only one that can . Once , you get rid of me , what do you think will happen to you ? He's not going to run off into the sunset with you , tori . He is going to kill you , because that's what he does . He likes to trick his victims and play the 'sweet' card.. when really he is a monster just like me , if not worst . '' The honestly and disgust laced in his voice was somewhat sicken . I didn't want to hear anymore lies , because all he was doing was pissing me off and right now ... I am not in a very merciful mood . So with that final thought , I knee'd him in the balls ... HARD . He rolled off of me , groaning in pain as a whirl wind of curse words escaped his lips . I quickly scrambled to my feet , frantically looking around for any sort of weapon to protect myself with . I ran across the kitchen , and grabbed the very first thing I laid eyes on .. A Blender machine . Without hesitation , I smashed the blender over Marcus's head .

He howled in agony , as he fell to his knees cradling his head in pain . At the sight of blood , I almost gagged . God , this is harder than I thought . I wanted to provoke him . I wanted him to hit me - give me a good reason to stab him in the back ... Literally .

Marcus stood up from the ground , and he lunged himself at me and we both fell to the floor with a loud thump . Before he even had a chance to make a solid move - I wrapped my legs around his neck - chocking him out . He grasped my things , digging his nails painfully into my bare flesh . I cried out , but I didn't loosen my grip around his neck . I couldn't afford to slip up , he'd surely kill me .

" I've always loved this position . " he chuckled darkly , before lifting our body's up together and slamming my back against the fridge . My legs fell from his neck , but I quickly wrapped them around his waist - keeping him in place . In attempt to crawl out his eyeballs - I pushed my thumps down into his sockets .

" I'm not going to hit you ! " he growled at me , throwing my small figure to the ground , like some sort of rag-doll .

" Then your an idiot . " I spoke through gritted teeth , my eyes finally landing on my knife . I quickly crawled over to it , and snatched it off the floor . Jumping to my feet , I smirked at Marcus - flashing him a twisted smile right before we started to circle each other predatorily . Scott was supposed to here by now . That was the plan . I had to distract Marcus , while Scott aimed for the perfect kill but where the hell is he ?!

Maybe Marcus was right about Scott .

++ Authors NOTE ++

Long update .. Your welcome , lol .

I've been ambushed with homework so that's why I didn't get to do my freaking double update :( it's sad , really . But I'm willing to pay you 40 dollars , if you beat up my math teacher for me ! Haha