Escape

Chapter 24 : Escape

Marcus snored softly , blowing his curly hair out of his face . His minty breath fanned my face , making me inhale his intoxicating scent . A small smile crept it's way onto my face as I watched him sleep . Honestly , he looked like an angel , like he couldn't hurt a fly . I couldn't help but to stare at his pink , plump, lips that were so irresistible . His body laid on top of mine , as he head rested on my chest . I bit my lip , trying to resist the urge to run my fingers threw his thick curls .

Last night events flashed before my eyes making the smile on my face turn into a frown . He put his pride aside and cried all night . He begged me to hold him , to tell him that 'I loved him' even if I didn't mean it , he just wanted to hear me say it . So , I did . I told him everything he wanted to hear . Even the cruelest person in the world would of cried if they seen the way Marcus broke down last night . I can tell he's been through a lot and I truly feel sorry for him ...

But Marcus is still a monster , I'll never forget that . I'll never forget how he killed my best friend . I'll never forget how he raped me or forced me to shoot Sawyer . I wish I didn't hate Marcus so much ... but I do.

He kidnapped me and threatened to kill my little sister , that's just unforgivable . I will never be stupid enough to fall for a guy like Marcus .

" Good Morning . " Marcus's smooth voice , snapped me out of my thoughts . I didn't even realize , he had woke up .

" Good Morning . " I said back , forcing a smile back on my face . He leaned up and pressed his lips against mine . I didn't pull away this time , I just let him kiss me . It wasn't like the blissful kiss I shared with Scott . I didn't feel butterflies erupt in my stomach or my heart flutter .... It was just plain .

He pulled away and smiled , revealing his pearly white teeth .

" I love you , tori . " he spoke softly .

" me too . " I replied , not meeting his gaze . He rested his forehead on mine , and let out an exhausted sigh . For some reason , tears started to leak from my eyes . I want to go home .

" I'm sorry , Victoria " he roughly kissed my lips , as if he was trying to kiss my pain away . The pain of begin kidnapped and violated by him .

" I'm sorry , baby . I'm so sorry . " he cooed , wiping my tears away .

" No your not . " I whispered , shutting my eyes .

" Please believe me ... I'm sorry for kidnapping you , I'm sorry for taking you away from your family . I'm sorry." He apologized , sounding genuinely sorry .

All of a sudden , Scott busted in the room like a crazy person . He wore a panicked expression on his face , as he snatched the covers off of Marcus and I .

" What do you want ? " Marcus growled , jumping out of the bed . I furrowed my eyebrows together , as I sat up in the bed , eager to hear what Scott had to say .

" Amber escaped ! She's fucking gone ! " Scott yelled , running a hand through his hair . My eyes widened and my jaw dropped .

Escaped ?

What ? How ?

Why didn't she tell me ? How did she get out ? Her leg is broke , for fucks sake !

" WHAT ?! " Marcus screamed , his face red with anger . A part of me was elated that she got away but ... She didn't include me in her little escape plan ? I thought we were friends .

" She's gone ! I've checked this whole entire house and she's no where to be found ! " Scott explained , pacing back in forth , making me a little dizzy .

" Let's Go ! We have to get her back ! " Marcus wasted no time and ran out of the room . I rolled out of the bed and ran to door , ready to follow after him but Scott grabbed me .

" She's in the guest room , under the bed . Once we leave , get amber and take her to basement . There's a small door down there behind the dry wall , break it down and leave . Run and don't stop into you reach some sort of safety." He whispered , his tone stern and serious .

Everything was happening too fast , i was so confused . I opened my mouth to say something but he pulled me into a bare hug .

" I promised you that I'd get you out of here and that's what I'm doing . " he released me from his death grip . With a quick kiss on the lips , he ran out of the room to follow behind Marcus .

++ Authors Note ++

Hey lovers , I hoped you enjoyed this chapter ! I'll probably update on Friday so stick around . 😏

Go and check out my new book ,

' The Virgin Diaries . '

Vote and comment on this chapter ! Don't forget to follow me .