The girl

Chapter 5 : The girl

I started to wake up , with a burning sensation on my face . I groaned grumpily but didn't open my eyes . Marcus is a crazy son of a bitch ! One second he's laughing and smiling next he's punching me repeatedly in the face . I'm scared to death but I can't give him the satisfaction of seeing me afraid . Wait a minute ! I felt someone stroking my hair . My eyes immediately snapped open and I jumped to my feet . My left eye was swollen shut and my head was throbbing .

Their was a girl sitting on the floor looking startled . Her chest rose and fell quickly as if she thought I would hurt her . Her long brown hair looked messy and tangled . She had big beautiful green eyes . She brought her knees up to her chest as we just stared at each other . She had on white shorts that were covered with dirt , a ripped up tank top , and her feet were bare .

" What is your name ? " I asked , my voice a little shaky . She looked so hard and hallow .

She relaxed her body and gave me a flat look . " Amber ..... Amber Dolton . " her voice was high and hoarse .

I gave her one of my best smiles , " That's a pretty name . I'm Victoria Dawn , by the way . "

She gave me a small smile but it was forced . " Thanks .... How old are you ? "

I walked back over to her and sat beside her . " 17 , how about you ? "

" I just turned 16 , 2 weeks ago . "

" Oh . " I simply muttered .

After a few minutes of a comfortable silence , I finally spoke again .

" How long have you've been here ? "

She was kind of caught of guard by my question , it took her a while to answer . " A week I guess .. I was here when he threw you down here but I was barely conscious . "

" How did they get you ? " I was afraid to ask her that , she seemed so numb .

She rubbed her eyes with the back of her fist and sighed heavily . " My mother and I had just got into a pretty bad fight .. I was pissed at her so I decided to leave . It was about 11 at night but I didn't care , I was just so sick and tired of listening to my mom bicker . I didn't know where I was heading , I just knew I wanted to get the hell out of dodge . It was so dark outside , I could barely see the black van that pulled up beside me . I ran as fast I could but he .... He got me . The first thing I thought was ' Damn , I'm going to die ' . The seriousness of the situation was too overwhelming so I passed out and ended up here . " her voice cracked as she broke down . She started crying , and I could feel her pain .

We had be taken . We had been kidnapped . I wrapped her up in a tight hug . At first she flinched not expecting me to comfort her but then she buried her face in my chest as I held her . I understand why she's breaking down , it took everything inside of me not to cry as well . There was a tight feeling in my chest as I held amber . I felt a strong connection to her ... She reminded me of my sister Abby . I felt a need to protect her and keep her safe . She seemed so innocent and fragile . She just turned 16 , she's younger than me , I feel like it's my job to help her .

" We're going to get out of here .. " I whispered to her . I hate making promises I can't keep ... But here goes nothing .

" I promise . "

Kidnapped and Broken {Wattys2015}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें