I want to help you

Chapter 9 : I want to help you

After what Marcus just did to me ... I could barely move . My lower region was sore and it bothered me . After I got out of Marcus's deadly grip on my waist , I rolled out of bed . I tip toed to the bathroom and lock the door behind me . I looked in the mirror and my jaw dropped at how horrible I looked . My eye was swollen badly , it was black and purple . Both of my freaking lips were busted ! My hair was in desperate need of a comb and my eyes looked just as hard and hollow like ambers did .

Did he rape her , too ? I cringed at the thought and I walked over toward the bathtub . I filled it up with warm water and eagerly jumped in , considering I was already naked ... I scrubbed every part of my body .. I felt so dirty . I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed until I couldn't any longer . His taste still lingered in my mouth . After I finished washing , I brushed my teeth so hard my gums started bleeding .

I brushed my hair and threw it into a something that resembled a messy bun . Using the makeup , I covered my bruises the best way I could , I'm basically an expert . Sawyer shows no mercy , when he's beating the shit out of me with his fist . There it goes again .... That tight feeling in my heart . I walked back into the room , with the towel tightly around my body . I looked threw his closets and threw on some of his boxers and an oversized tee .

Not wanting to get back in the bed with Marcus , I left the room . I guess I'm kind of hungry . I walked into the kitchen and looked through the fridge . These people have everything , but I didn't want anything . I was sick to my stomach .

" Tori ? " a familiar voice whispered . I whirled around to see Scott standing in the doorway . I didn't even want to look at him ! I turned back around and closed the fridge , completely ignoring Scott .

" Are you ignoring me , Vicky ? " he asked softly , knowing the answer all ready . My shoulders tensed when he called me 'Vicky ' ...... The only person who ever calls me Vicky , is my mother . I miss my mom , I really really miss her .

" I thought I could trust you .... " I whispered , turning around to face Scott . His face was pale and his breathing quicken instantly when our eyes connected . I probably looked horribly dull . I was so disgusted ! With Scott ! With Marcus ! And with myself for not fighting hard enough to keep my virginity . It really cut deep into me ... making me so numb .

" I'm so sorry , Vicky . " his voice was laced with sadness , as he looked at me with the most pained eyes I've ever seen .

My blood started to boil at his lame excuse of a freaking apologize !

" Don't call me that ! DON'T ! I hate you , Scott ! I hate you so much ! I screamed and cried for you to help me .... I pleaded and begged you with all my might and you just .... you just walked away from me ! You let him hurt me , Scott ! I might not know you very well , but I at least thought you had a heart ! I thought you wouldn't be such a fucking cold hearted , monster !" I whisper shouted at him , feeling myself reach a high amount of anger . All I wanted to do was hit him , I wanted to punch him dead in the face for begin such an asshole !

His eyes darken in rage and he stomped over toward me .

" I'm sorry , Vicky ! I'm fucking sorry ! I couldn't help you , there was nothing I could have done . He would have killed both of us , if I would of helped you . You don't know what Marcus is capable of ! You don't understand that there is nothing I can do to save you from him ! " He cried out , his face red and his jaw clenched .

" BULLSHIT ! He fucking raped me , Scott . He raped me ! " my voice immediately cracked , as I forced myself not to cry . This was all too much for someone as weak as me to handle .

" He threatened to kill my sister , so I had no choice but to lay their crying my heart out while he took something from me that I valued the most . My innocence .... He took what was left of my innocence , Scott . And it hurts .... It hurts to know that I could of been saved , I could of been rescued by you but you walked away and left me their to get raped by that monster ! " I spat , my emotions getting the best of me .

Don't cry , Victoria ! Don't cry ! I've had enough of fucking crying , I'm so sick of crying ! It's time to take action and be strong for Abby , amber , and myself !

Scott face softened , as his eyes welled up with tears . His eyes held so much anger and guilt . He knew what he did was wrong and beyond terrible ! His expression was something unexplainable . He made a look of determination under all that guilt and anger .

" I'm truly sorry , I didn't help you . I was selfish ! What he did to you was so wrong , Vicky . " He tried to explain himself , as he wrapped his arms around me . I wanted to pick him away or curse him out more than I already had , but I just couldn't find it in me to tell at Scott anymore . His embrace made me fell taken care of .... Safe .

" I could apologize to you millions of times , but I know that wouldn't make up for what I've done to you . I want to promise you something .... " he trailed off , his chin resting on my head .

" I promise you that I'll protect you , no matter what ! I want to help you . " he whispered , his hot breath fanning my hair .

" Help me ? How ? " my voice barely above a whisper . I was melting into his warm , gentle , yet caring touch . There's something about Scott that makes me feel like I can trust him but trust is earned !

" I want to help you , Escape . "