His story

Chapter 40 : His Story

++Victoria's POV++

" Hello .... Marcus . " I croaked out , nervously shifting from toe to toe .

He didn't reply .. He just stood there gawking at me -like I would disappear into a black cloud of smoke at any given second . His jaw was dropped and his eyes were wide ; almost bulging out of the sockets . He was stunned , I could tell by the confused look that was painted across his flawless features . He blinked his eyes multiple times, , as if I was a figment of his imagination .

" This isn't happening . " he muttered to himself .

Without even thinking about it , I ambled across the floor and threw my arms around Marcus's large frame . Almost immediately , Marcus hugged me back , wrapping me up in a tight bone crushing embrace . I didn't want to kill Marcus ...but I knew I had to , there wasn't really a choice in the matter .

" Aren't you going to ask how I managed to survive a drug over dose ? " I laughed humorlessly , tears freely falling from my eyes .

" No . " he said quickly , pulling away from the hug . He took my face into his hands as his eyes bored into mine . This was the happiest , I've ever seen Marcus .

" I'm just glad your alive . " and with that , he smashed his lips into mine . I tried to pull away before he snaked his arm around my wrist , pulling me into his hard chest . His tongue forced it's way into my mouth , greedily . I cringed the second his tongue started to caress mine . He tasted like Jack Daniels and cigarettes ... It wasn't very pleasant . A low groan spilled from his lips , when he realized I wasn't kissing him back but he didn't pull away . Instead he nibbled on my bottom lip , pleading from some sort of response . I felt kind of bad because he kissed me so much burning desire and passion that I couldn't return . But finally , he pulled away .

" What's wrong ? " he spoke breathlessly , a small frown tugging at his full lips .

Show time .

" I-I-I umm ... "

" What is it ?! " he demanded , losing all of his patience .

" I can't - We can't be together , Marcus . " my voice was emotionless and horribly robotic , because every single word that I spoke , Scott had made me rehearse .

Marcus's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and his bottom lip tugged into a pout , making him look irresistibly adorable .

" What ? Why ?! " he frowned .

I ran my fingers through my hair and harshly pulled at the roots .

" Because it's wrong . I can't be with you ... Your a murder . " after I kill you ..I will be too .

He stepped back , obviously taken off guard by my harsh choice of words . The look on his face was so heart breaking , I had to avoid his intense gaze . I fought back to urge to shrivel up and cry ... I know that I shouldn't have sympathy for Marcus but somehow I did ... I think that's one of the reasons why I convinced myself that I was in love with Marcus in the first place . No one deserves to be alone . Trust me , I know what it feels like ..

" You don't mean that . " he whispered , his eyes partially pleading me .

I nodded my head 'yes' and bit back a sob .

" I do . "

" NO ! You don't ! " he yelled at me , causing me to jump back .

His eyes watered and I could he was seconds away from bawling his eyes outs . Not Again .

" You don't mean that because I love you and I know that you love me .. I know you do . " he walked over to me and grabbed my hand , squeezing it gently .

" No Marcus I don't lo- "

" Don't finish that sentence . " he begged me , placing my hand on his cheek ; gliding it across his stubble . He closed his eyes , tears unwillingly rolling down his cheek .

" I don't know anything about you , Marcus . How can I love you , when I don't even know your last name ? " by this point , I was starting to get angry . I honestly didn't even know his last name , Scott hadn't even told me .

" Greyson . " he replied quickly .

" What ? "

" Marcus Greyson . That's my name . I was born February 8th , 1995 in a real shitty little town up north . My dad was a drug deal , and my mother was a slut . Literally I think she was a prostitude . " He was uncomfortable with sharing this kind of personal information with me , I could tell by the way all the color drained out of his face the second he opened his mouth .

" Marcus I - "

" Well else do you want to know about me ? I'll tell you anything you want to know . Just give me one more chance . to make things right . I promise I can be better .. I swear it . "

" You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to , I'll understand . "

He nodded sharply before letting out a shaking breath .

" My father was a sick bastard .. When he wasn't on the streets slaughtering D-bag drug dealers that didn't pay up soon enough , he would come to my room at night to 'tuck me in ' . If you catch my drift .. You'd understand that he was doing a whole lot more than 'tucking me in ' . " his voice cracked , and he finally opened his eyes .

" I knew it wasn't right . I knew that he shouldn't of been in my room that late at night . I was only 7 years old but I knew that a grown man wasn't supposed to touch me like that , I wasn't stupid . "

I stared at him with wide , glossy eyes .

" Now you know why I'm so screwed up in the head .It's because my father was a disgusting old fuck , who liked molesting his own son . "

That was enough to send me into a terrible shock . I was unable to hold back the sobs .. He didn't deserve that as a child ! No one deserves to go through something so horrible . He had to be embarrassed .. I would have been . I didn't even know what to think ! Their dad was that bad ? I genuinely felt sorry for Marcus and Scott . Wait Scott ....

As if Marcus was reading my mind , he spoke . " Don't worry , he never did it to Scott . I guess he just liked me better .. " he chuckled bitterly .

" I'm so sorry , Marcus . "

" Why are you apologizing , tori ? You weren't the one who clammed a hand over my mouth , and pinned my down to my mattress . You weren't the one who told me not to scream or you would slit my throat . You aren't the man that I once viewed as my hero . You aren't the man that haunts my dreams every fucking night so don't you apologize ! " he cried out , grabbing a fistful of his hair . His jaw was locked tightly and his eyes were hooded with angry and shame .

I ignored his nastiness toward me and I just silently stood there , unsure about what to say next .. After a few painful minutes of just staring at each other , I finally asked the question , I've been dying to ask .

" What happened to your parents Marcus ? "

He looked lost in thought , I wasn't sure if he even heard what I just asked ..

" Their dead ... I killed them . " he replied , his eyes never leaving mine . A look of pure horror flashed across my features but I desperately wanted to know more .. I needed to know more .

" What ? What do you mean 'you killed them' ?! "

I had to know the rest of his story and I had to know now !