Why

Chapter 31 : Why

++ Tori's POV ++

As soon as the words left my mouth , I knew that there was definitely no turning back . I had told the man that took everything good in my life away from me in the blink of an eye , that I was in love with him and I didn't even regret it . I felt like these feelings that I had for Marcus were stronger than ever and I couldn't hide them any longer . I was so completely and utterly in love with Marcus , that I saw pass the fact that he was a killer ...

" After everything I've done to you , why do you love me ? " Marcus asked , his eyes wide with curiosity and guilt .

" I wish I knew . " I whispered , just as confused as him .

" You deserve so much more than me . I've hurt you so much , Tori . I don't understand how you could be sitting here right now without screaming at me . I've killed people that you loved , I forced you to have sex with me multiple times , and I made you kill your boyfriend . How do you not hate me ? " He questioned , pity and remorse strongly laced in his weak tone .

I watched him closely , as a lump formed in my dry throat . Tears leaked from my glassy eyes but I quickly wiped them away . I bit down on my quivering lip as I thought carefully over my next few selected words .

" I should hate you ! I wish that I hated you but I don't ! I fucking love you and I'm completely oblivious as to why but I do ! " I yelled at him , frustratedly throwing my hand into the air .

Tears freely streamed down his cheeks as he watched me intently . He slowly crawled over to me and nuzzled his face into my neck . His intoxicating scent hit me like a ton of bricks , as he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly , cradling me like a fragile baby .

I started crying uncontrollably when I realized how fucked up this whole situation was . I was in love with my kidnapper for fucks sake .

" Shh Shh .. It's okay , your okay . " he smoothed me .

The door handle jiggled and Scott slowly walked in with a horrified expression on his face . Scott's expression was emotionless when he his eyes met mine . He looked completely heartbroken as he looked between Marcus and I . I knew that he was probably listening to our whole conversation from outside of the door because when he finally opened his mouth ... I froze .

" Please tell me that your not in love with him . " Scott spoke , his tone almost pleading .