Chapter Twenty-Six: Imperius Curse

I watched with wide, horrified eyes. My feet seemed rooted to the ground. I snapped out of my shock and without actually thinking, I pulled the cloak off me.

"Ce-Cedric.." I said with tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

Both of them turned to face me and I saw a hint of recognition flash through his face as he said "H-Hermione?" I also noticed the he loosened his grip on Harry. But his eyes grew cold once again and a smirk slowly took place "So... She's here after all. huh?" 

"Cedric.. Please.." I pleaded. "Don't do this.."

He laughed maniacally before tightening his hold on my best friend "Why shouldn't I?"

"Because it's not you." I said. Then it hit me. Cedric never hissed or laughed that way. It was not him. Not at all.

"Not me? How can it not be me?!" He asked fiercely.

With my new gained knowledge, A surge of hope flowed within me. "Cedric. Fight it. You're not a piece in their silly games. You're more than that. Fight it."

His face softened and looked me in the eyes "Hermione.. I'm sorry... but I-I can't.. It's too strong.."

"You can do it.. I know you can..Please.." I coaxed..

Harry glared at Cedric and then told me in choked breaths "Her..Mione! Wh-what are you d-doing?"

Cedric whipped his head and glared at Harry with a hard face "Shut up you brat!" Then he shook his head and he was normal "Harry I'm sorry..I really am.." 

Then, as if talking to himself he released Harry and backed away slowly.. "I'm sorry.. I can't do this.."

I quickly rushed to Harry who was massaging his throat. Then I looked up to Cedric "Bring down your wand."

He obeyed and suddenly dropped to the ground. He looked up with flaring eyes "You fool!! I should have chosen Krum than you worthless fool!" Then tears fell from his eyes as he replied to 'himself' "I'm not doing anything for you! Leave me alone!" 

He laughed again, wiping tears away from his eyes "You think you're stronger than me or the Dark Lord himself?! We should've killed you in the first place!" 

A scared expression flashed through his face "G-get away from me!!" 

"You can never get me out of you! You're scared and you're weak!"

The scene was terrifying. More than my nightmare. It was like he was possessed by evil spirits. I decided to talk him out of it. "Cedric.. You can do it.. Just a little more.. I'm here... please.."

He let out a blood-curdling scream before finally sprawling to the ground and shaking like mad. I rushed to his side and shook him "Cedric.."

He stopped shivering and just lay there motionless. I held my breath waiting for what will happen next..Then he opened his eyes.. "H-Her... Mione?"

"Hush.. Are you okay?" I asked as I helped him sit up. Harry joined us too.

"I'm sorry.. To both of you.. I should be ashamed.. I didn't know what happened. I was just walking across the grounds then I felt someone hit me. After that, I lost control over myself. The voice was right. I was scared and I was weak..I-I'm worthless.."

"No don't say that.. It's not your fault." Harry reassured him.

Then, Out of nowhere, we saw a tall hedge fall to the ground revealing the Triwizard Cup. We looked at one another and walked towards it.

"Harry, you take it. I'm not worthy. You should win" Cedric told Harry.

My best friend shook his head and said "You conquered the imperius curse. You deserve it, Diggory."

He glanced at me and said "I couldn't have done it without her. Hermione.. You take it."

I was surprised. "B-but I'm not a champion! Okay.. we take it. The three of us. Together."

"On three..One.." Cedric said.

"Two.." Harry whispered.

"Three." I finished as the three of us gripped the cup. But then something happened. We were transported to some place I couldn't figure out at that moment..