Chapter Twenty-Five: The Third Task

The afternoon passed by with Hogwarts having an eerie feeling. Everyone's buzzing about the upcoming third task this evening. Everyone was bidding the champions good luck.  While Harry, Ron and I were walking to Care of Magical creatures...

"Hey Mate, you ready for tonight?" Ron asked enthusiastically.

"I guess so.." Harry said weakly

I smiled a bit and said "Just look at the brighter side, at least after tonight, everything will be back to normal"

Harry nodded "Yeah, I guess you're right Hermione. And after tonight, I can resume to my---"

I blinked my eyes as everything around me seemed blurry and I couldn't hear a thing. My knees buckled and I succumb to the floor. Then I heard the voice again..

"This is the end. You cannot save him anymore.." 

Then I can hear again and everything came into focus. Harry and Ron were helping me up.

"Hey are you alright?" Ron asked, concerned.

"What happened?" Harry asked too.

"Haven't you heard it?" I asked back.

"Hear what?" Both of them said.

"The hissing voice. And..And didn't everything just go blurry?" 

"No.." Harry said slowly "Are you sure you're okay? Aren't you sick or something?"

I shook my head. "No.. I'm not..I mean. I'm okay I'm not sick.."

Ron shrugged and continued walking while I staggered to my feet. We were at the grounds when I decided to tell Harry about it.

"Harry.." I started.

"Hmm?"

"I..I have dreamed about it again..My nightmare.. I-It came back.."

He gave me a reassuring pat in the back "It's just a dream, Hermione.. Don't worry about it."

"B-but Harry! You might be in danger!"

"I'm always in danger Hermione." He said. "That's nothing new."

"But he seemed so sure about it this time!" I exclaimed.

"Who?"

"The voice. He said tonight, it will be the end. I don't have a good feeling about the third task Harry." I said, my voice quivering a bit.

"Hey, I'll be careful.." He said then smiled.

"Okay, then.." I said, still not convinced.

~~~~~~~~~~""""~~~~~~~~~~~~

That Night, everyone gathered outside the castle grounds, surprised by the maze that was presented in such a short span of time. Igor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime Olympe stood beside Professor Dumbledore as our headmaster quieted everyone down.

"Silence, Silence!!" Then he cleared his throat and cast a spell on himself "Sonorus!"His voice became booming loud as he continued. "Silence!" 

Everyone shut up and stared at him, surprised. The old man chuckled and smiled "There, much better. Okay, tonight is the night. We all shall witness each of our champions as they accomplish their third task. It might seem easy but--"

I shook my head and blinked several times as everything went a blur again and I cannot hear a thing. I hold on to Ron to keep myself from falling. Then I heard the voice again.

"It's coming quick. This is the end. You cannot save him. Not this time."

Then it faded as quickly as it came. Ron looked at me and asked "Hermione, what is it again? You look pale."

I stared at a nearby tree and told Ron "Nothing. Stay here." Then I sprinted behind the old willow tree. I looked around and made sure no one is looking before pulling out the invisibility cloak that I borrowed from Harry before they went outside tonight. I draped it around me and secured that I'm fully covered. 

"I won't let you hurt Harry. Whoever you are." I whispered firmly. Then I waited for the signal.

Professor Dumbledore continued "Since Potter and Diggory are tied on the first place; they will be given the chance to enter first and to look for the Triwizard cup. To be followed by Viktor Krum and then Miss Delacour. On three. One...Two.."

I readied myself to run after them, bracing me for whatever that might happen.

"Three!!"

Wand out, I quickly dashed behind Harry and plunged into complete darkness before I realized that opening behind us has already closed, enveloping us inside this Enchanted Maze.

Then I heard it again...

"Hmm.. another piece in our game eh? Okay. Might as well enjoy the show.." then there was laughter..

Out of nowhere, a vine gripped my feet and dragged me into the hedge. Slightly panicking, I pointed my wand at it and cast "Relashio!"

I quickly stood up after I cut it in half, releasing myself. I looked around for any signs of Harry but it seems that I lost him. I walked further ahead until I heard a shrieking sound. I turned to my right and saw Fleur being attacked by extremely large Hanteaks. 

Then the voice went on again..

"Too many people. It's getting crowded. Time to eliminate a few.."

My eyes widened as Fleur stopped struggling and the Hanteaks overpowered her. I pointed my wand and exclaimed "Aguamenti!!"

Slowly and little by little, the creatures stopped moving and went into deep slumber. I rushed beside Fleur and helped her sit. 

"Fleur.. Can you hear me? Wake up!" I said, shaking her a little.

"Her..Mio..Ne..??" She said weakly.. "What ...are you doing ....H-here?"

I hushed her up and said "I'm getting you out of here." Then I sent fiery red sparks to the sky "Periculum!!" I looked back at Fleur and stroke her head. "Don't worry, They'll be here any minute..And I gotta go.. Take care." I kissed her forehead and stood up, listening to signs of Harry's presence. I walked deeper into the maze.

Suddenly, I heard it again.. But this time, it was nearer. I searched for the voice and I almost dropped my wand at what I saw. Cedric Diggory was Pinning Harry against a hedge of the maze with his wand. 

"I would've killed you right here, right now but the Dark Lord would want to deal with you himself.... Too bad your little girlfriend isn't here to save you, eh Potter?" He hissed.

It was my nightmare. It was happening..