Chapter Twenty: The Second Task

THE NEXT MORNING and THE DAY OF THE SECOND TASK...

"Dobby must awaken Harry Potter's friend at all cost. Aha! I know! Dobby's brilliant!!" A voice said, which was of course, Dobby.

I blinked my eyes a few times before sitting up. I fell asleep on the table. AGAIN. Anyway, I was surprised when I saw a jar of water floating over my head.

"Dobby! What are you doing?!" I shrieked.

He was probably surprised or I was just too late but all I know is I was drenched in water. Why do people always try to wake me up with water?!

"Oh! Dobby is very sorry ma'am. Dobby just need to wake you up. In Master's orders. Harry Potter said he needs you now. Harry Potter is going to drown!!" He said.

I shook my head and answered "No Dobby, Harry isn't going to drown, okay? Here, hold on a minute."

I grabbed a piece of parchment and scribbled a quick note on it, here's what it says:

Harry,

Before going into the water, swallow the Gillyweed. It enables you to breathe underwater for about an hour. I can't explain further because I'm in a rush, so just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful..

Hermione.

"Dobby, listen to me carefully okay? Give this note to Harry and this Gillyweed. Be careful, alright? Got it?" I told the house-elf which quickly nodded, snapped his fingers and disappeared without trace.

I quickly cleaned myself up and went down the common room. It was surprisingly empty but then I realized that it was already noon. My eyes widen as I realized that the task would be starting within 30 minutes! I climbed out of the portrait hole and was astonished to see Professor Dumbledore sitting on the floor outside. When he saw me, he flashed a quick smile and stood up.

"Ahh, about time. Good Morning Miss Granger. I was wondering where you are." He said calmly.

"I overslept, professor." I said meekly. "Were you looking for me?"

The old man chuckled and nodded "Yes."

"B-But why?" I asked then I realized Professor Sprout have told him about the incident last night. My eyes widened and I stared at the floor.

"I'll explain later, but first, you have to come with me. We're running out of time. The task will be starting soon." He said as I walk beside him.

Both of us headed near the lake. Inside the tent, Professor handed me a goblet full of water which I took carefully, I stared at it for a while before realizing that it's not water.

"Draught of Living Death.." I whispered..

Professor nodded and asked "Do you trust me, Miss Granger?"

I quickly looked up and answered "Of Course Professor. I do."

He smiled and said "If you really do, take a small sip. I won't lead you to harm. Go on."

I stood there motionless, staring at the cup again. Slowly, I brought it up to my lips and I caught a whiff of Asphodel and boom berry, making me to doubt a little because boom berries aren't ingredients of the draught. Still, I closed my eyes and cautiously took a sip. After that, I felt very very drowsy. Professor took the goblet from me and placed it on a table. With a blurry vision, I saw him point at a chair as if instructing me to sit down, which I do so. Instantly, I fell asleep. Or so I thought.

I opened my eyes as quickly as I have closed them. I tried to speak but no sound came from my mouth. My eyes grew to the size of galleons when I saw my sleeping body on the chair. I looked at Professor Dumbledore expectantly, a little scared.