Chapter Twenty-Two: Letters and notes

On the afternoon, the next morning, I saw Harry standing near a window, with the wind blowing his jet black hair. I smiled and slowly stood up. I walked behind him and tapped his shoulder lightly.

"Harry?" I said softly.

He turned around quickly and clutched his chest "Merlin's beard Hermione! You scared me!"

"Sorry." I apologized, though I tried not to laugh at his expression. "What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you to wake up. Here" He said, handing me an envelope. "I just wanted to give you that. It's from your parents."

I took it from him and muttered thanks. I sat down on my bed and opened it. There was a letter, which made my heart leap. They never write unless it's important. I stared at it for minutes, like being hypnotized by the piece of paper.

Harry cleared his throat, making me look up. "I'll be going now. Potions." He said while picking his bag up.

I nodded and thanked him again. When he was gone, I flipped the letter open and read silently..

Dear Hermione,

How are you Darling? Harry told us you had a mild attack of Hypothermia and a slight fever. Why didn't you tell us? We were so worried about you. Anyway, please do write back once you receive this letter for us to know that you're okay. Do you need anything? Just tell us, dear and we'll try to send it as soon as possible. We've heard that things are a bit unclear over there (but we're not surprised, you're in a magical world..), Just please be careful, okay?

Another thing, please tell Harry that we really appreciate him writing to us. He told us about your condition. He's such a sweet and caring boy. If ever you decide to have a boyfriend (considering you're in your fourth year now..), We would totally be in favor of him. Just want to let you know..Because we've been hearing about this certain, Cedric Diggory, who is he? 

Hope you write soon. We love you so much Darling! 

Mum and Dad.

~Harry wrote to them? And how did they know about Cedric?~

Tons of questions flooded into my mind. There's only one choice that I can do. I grabbed some parchment and a quill from my bag and wrote back..

Mum and Dad

Hi! I'm so sorry I haven't written. I'm completely fine, anyway. And thanks but as I said, I'm alright.. I don't really need anything (Except your hugs and kisses, I miss you soooo much). You wouldn't have guessed how crazy thing are right over here..But Promise I'll keep safe :)

I didn't know Harry wrote a letter to you! I was quite surprised when he gave me your letter. Yeah, he's very sweet and caring but mum, dad, we're just FRIENDS. BEST friends, that is. We can NEVER be more than that. I think he already has a girlfriend but is just too shy to admit it.. He's been hanging around with Luna (you know her right?) lately..And about Cedric Diggory, well...he's a friend..He’s nice, sweet and thoughtful. We're close friends. That's just it.

Anyway, I miss you so much!!!! And I love you more!! Take care, okay?

Love,

Hermione.

I quickly folded my parchment and placed it inside an envelope. I was just finishing sealing it when Madame Pomfrey came.

"Miss Granger, are you feeling well?" She asked, and then she walked over to feel my neck and forehead.

"I'm good as new, Ma'am. Thank you." I answered politely

She nodded and said "Very well, you may go now. But if you suddenly feel dizzy or anything, let me know, okay?"

I nodded and thanked her again before stuffing all my uneaten sweets inside my bag and leaving, carrying the painting Dean gave me.

~~~~~~~~~""""~~~~~~~~~~

When I got to the Gryffindor common room, it was empty. Then I realized everyone must be in class. I hurriedly put my things away and rushed to the dungeons.

Still panting, I opened the door to our room and I was faced with several pairs of eyes.

"Miss Granger..Welcome back. How was your...vacation?" Snape's cold voice said.

I knew better than to answer so I just hung my head low and stood rooted to where I was standing.

"Since you have been out for about two days, I guess giving you some extra work wouldn't hurt. Detention tonight. At my office." He continued with a slight smirk.

I was about to walk to my seat, surprised at my sudden detention when out of the blue, Harry stood up and snapped at professor Snape "But she just got out of the Hospital Wing, Professor! You wouldn't want her to relapse, won't you? Give her a break!"

Snape crossed his arms over his chest and said "Sorry, Potter? What were you saying? You want to join Miss Granger in detention? Sure, it wouldn't hurt I guess. Now, the two of you, sit down. Or would you want me to take points from your houses?"

I sat down between Ron and Harry, without saying a word. While Professor carried on with his lesson, Harry passed me a note

You okay?

I quickly scribbled down a reply and passed it to him

What were you thinking? Now you have to serve detention even if you don't really have to.

I saw him grin when he read my reply. He wrote another and slipped it to me.

Oh Hermione, you don't have to thank me so much.. Anyway, you're welcome ;)

I tried to suppress my laughter at his humor. I wrote another answer and passed it to him.

Of course I was thanking you! I don't pass notes in class but if ever you get caught, I want to be caught with you :) But really, Thanks Harry. Not only for this, but for telling my parents about me.. 

His face reddened a bit before scribbling down another message which he slipped on my table.

Don't mention it. :)

I flashed him a smile then I tucked the piece of parchment inside my potions book and tried to listen to what Snape was saying.