Chapter One: Nightmare

Darkness. Constant darkness.

As my eyes adjusted to the absence of light, I saw two shadowy figures just a few feet in front of me. I squinted to see them better. I gasped as I saw Harry leaning against a tree. And then I saw HIM. His wand pointed at my best friend. They both turned towards me with emotions that I couldn't explain.

Suddenly, I fell on my knees as the ground shook. Everything happened so quickly that I didn't know what was going on. Then, out of nowhere, a blinding jet of green light cut through the darkness. Even though I didn't hear who the caster was, I was positive that it was the Killing Curse. My eyes darted to the lifeless body sprawled across me then tears fell from my eyes.

"Hermione..." Harry said with a weak voice.

When you're hit with a killing curse, you won't have a chance to say your final words, so I didn't know how Harry managed to speak but I didn't care. I held his hand tightly and said, "No, Please Harry.” 

"Hermione..." He said again but with a much firmer voice. 

Then I started shaking. Or was I? No. A force was moving me. I shrugged it off and continued weeping. I couldn't lose my best friend.

"Hermione..." He said, with a voice full of longing and worry.

His voice was fainting and it seemed distant. Far. Harry was fading and everything was a blur. I felt like I was being sucked into a black hole. Finally, I got tired of struggling and just let myself get carried and float along. All I know is that I couldn't forgive HIM for killing my best friend. I didn't actually see him cast the spell but he's the only one there.

Since then, I have felt a growing hatred for CEDRIC DIGGORY.