Chapter Seven: The Fight

The next morning, I decided to wake up early so that I could have a little talk with Harry. I waited for him in the Gryffindor Common room patiently, watching the others come and go. After a few minutes, I saw him come down from the boys' dormitories but when he saw me, he quickly went up again.

~What was his problem?! ~

A few minutes passed again when Neville came down. "Morning Hermione" 

I mumbled a greeting back and he asked "Why? Is there anything wrong?"

"It's Harry. He won't come down. Could you please wake up Ron and call them?" 

Neville nodded and climbed up again.  He was only halfway through the stairs when Ron came down with Harry beside him. 

"I guess I'll leave you three for now." Neville said before leaving.

There was an eerie silence that ensued before Ron cleared his throat “So you guys won't really talk? Fine.” He pushed Harry slightly towards me and patted his shoulder "Good luck Mate.” before climbing out of the portrait hole. 

"Harry? What's the matter? You don't look so good" I asked worriedly. Harry was looking a bit paler than usual.

"Nothing Hermione, I just haven't slept well." He simply said.

I folded my arms across my chest and asked again "Really? I'm sure there's something more than that. Spill it Harry. "

Without answering my question, He shrugged and sat down the couch. I sat down beside him and touched his shoulder lightly. "What's wrong Harry?" 

He removed my hand from his shoulder and answered "Really Hermione. It's nothing. I'm just tired and hungry."

I stood up and said "Okay. Let's go grab some breakfast then."  He stood up too and followed me outside.

We were walking silently when we saw Ron talking with a girl with long waist-length silvery blonde hair, large deep blue eyes and white even teeth. She was undeniably beautiful. 

"Really Fleur. You are pretty." We heard Ron say.

"Thank you, Ron." The girl named Fleur said.

We walked towards them and greeted her. She greeted us back.

"Ah. Fleur, meet my best friends, Hermione and Harry. Guys, meet Fleur. She's from Beauxbatons." Ron introduced.

She curtsied and smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you." 

Harry smiled back and answered "Same to you Fleur." 

Ron's eyebrow rose when he looked at me but I shook my head sadly. He nodded and I saw mischief in his eyes.  "You know Fleur, my friend here, Harry,” He said while nudging Harry a little bit. “ has a little... Girl problem" 

"Girl problem?" Fleur said, a bit nervously.

I swatted Ron playfully "Ron! Don't scare her!" Then I turned to the girl "I'm so sorry. He's like that pretty much always." 

Ron looked at us innocently "What? I'm not scaring her. I'm just hoping a girl like her could help Harry decide." 

"A girl like me?" She asked.

Ron nodded "Yep. A pretty one like you."

My eyes widened when I saw who was quick approaching. "Ron! Shut it! Now."

Ron gave me a quizzical look "Why Hermione? Jealous aren't we?" 

Harry gave me the same look but when he turned to look at whom I was seeing he turned back to Ron and said "Yeah mate. Stop it."