Chapter Twelve: The First Task

The days passed by on in a blur. As the day of the first task quickly approached, Harry and I kept on practicing his summoning charm. His progress was extraordinary. After just a few more times of practice, he can already summon bigger and heavier things that are out of sight. Both of us stayed up late while Ron drops by to watch us from time to time but he usually hangs around with Fleur. Hmm...I've always knew he liked her...Anyway, as I was saying, we stayed up until midnight almost every single day. It has been taking its toll on me though. I can hardly keep awake during classes, especially History of Magic. And I've been cramming with schoolwork (can you believe it that I've been doing my homework a day before its submissions? I can't.)

The night before the tournament, I was not a bit tired. I had been restless in my sleep and my thought keeps on floating away. I kept on thinking what will happen tomorrow. I was worried about what might happen to Harry, Cedric, Krum, and Fleur. When I finally fell asleep, IT came back. 

Once again, I dreamed about the nightmare. Only this time, it was more vivid and sharp. It was the same. Everything. To the eerie silence, the blinding flash of green light and the other sad moments. But still, It has the same effect on my like before..

~~~~~~~~~~~~""""""~~~~~~~~~~

"No!!" 

I jolted upright, sweating like crazy. My heart was pounding heavily on my chest. It was the day of the first task and I remembered the dream.

"What if something bad had happened to Harry?!" I thought to myself. "oh no..no no.."

Ginny came rushing to me “Hermione!! What happened? Are you alright?”

“H-Harry..” I stammered. “I-I gotta s-see him”

“Harry?” She frowned “What about Harry?”

I simply shook my head, unable to answer. Though I’ve already had that dream, it still haunted me that moment.

“I don’t know where he is.” Ginny started “But I guess he’s training for the task”

“Oh..yeah..you’re right.” I said as I stand up. “I’ll catch you later.”

“Oh it’s okay. I’ll see you later Her-“ Ginny said but I was already out of the portrait hole before she could finish.

I walked towards the room where we usually practice but he was not there. Worry started to get into me. What if something bad happened to him? What if my nightmare did come true?!

I went out of the castle and just as I did, a gust of wind blew my way. I pulled my arms around myself and tried to warm myself. I walked towards the lake, Hagrid’s hut, the quidditch pitch and everywhere but he’s nowhere to be found. My stomach grumbled loudly and I realized I haven’t checked the great hall. He was just probably getting some breakfast. No need to worry.

I headed towards the castle and as I passed by an open classroom, I heard a few snickers. I ignored it and continued walking.

“Just when I thought Loony Lovegood is the only one who walks around with her PJs on!!”

I turned around and spotted Malfoy with his usual companions: Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy Parkinson.

I rolled my eyes and turned to leave. Before I could escape, Draco grabbed my arm tightly and pulled me to face him. “Let me go!!” I shouted.

His grip tightened and he pulled his face close to mine. I can feel his breath against my skin as I struggled to get away from him. I was about to succeed when he commanded the two boys to take hold of me. As they did so, Malfoy let out a laugh. “I’ve always known you’re such a weakling Granger.”

I glared daggers at him and said “What do you want?”

Again, he laughed as he said “Pretty much nothing. In fact, I’m doing you a favor. I just want to inform you that..” He stopped and smirked before proceeding “I’ll make sure little Potter wouldn’t last a minute in that tournament”