Epilogue

5 years later…

Amanda and I stood at the top of the stairs, watching and listening. We were going to miss this controlled chaos.

Mornings were always the most hectic part of my day… well they weren’t this week. There were kids running all over. Willow was usually screaming at her brother and my son. They liked to tease her because she’s the only girl.

She was absolutely beautiful. I don’t know where she got her platinum blonde hair, but it made her look absolutely angelic. Spend 5 minutes with her and you’d know she was far from an angel.

All 3 of those kids were hungry. It was a good 30 minutes past their breakfast time.

This was my last morning here for a while and it broke my heart. Amanda and I were going to attempt a Change. We might not come back home to our children, but we needed to do this. The change was vital to the safety of our children; at least we thought it was.

So the kid’s routines were all messed up because for the past week, the men have been the sole caretakers of their children.

“Willow Ileana Muse!” Brian’s voice boomed. “Don’t you even--“ The following crash told me that she didn’t listen to him.

“What broke?” Grayson’s voice said from the kitchen.

“She flipped the coffee table.” Brian sounded defeated.

“Again?” Grayson sounded very amused. I could even hear him chuckling.

Brian huffed. “Yes.”

Amanda and I shared a look before deciding that we’d help the men with their children.

Amanda went to the living room and tried to wrangle in the kids while I turned into the kitchen.

Grayson smiled at me. It was a hot day so I was in shorts and a tighter shirt. “You look appetizing this morning.”

I wiggled my eyebrows at him. “The children are starving.”

He nodded, “I know. I’m not as good at this as you are.”

“It’s eggs and toast.” It’s not a hard meal to make.

He shot me a look. “I’m not good at this.”

I smirked. “Smells like you’re burning something.”

He whirled around and popped the toaster. The smell of charred bread filled the air.

“Maybe we should’ve started this a month ago.” I muttered, thinking out loud.

He nodded. “We should’ve.”

He tossed the ruined toast in the sink. Putting food in the sink was a pet peeve of mine.

He was smirking when I looked over at him.

“You did that on purpose.”

He feigned innocence. “I would never.”

“You take the toast out of the sink and I’ll help you finish breakfast.”

He smiled triumphantly and threw the toast in the trash before starting over again.

Breakfast was served to the children a bit later than usual, but as soon as they had food in front of them, they were happy.

I sat across from them. They were all very independent, but the younger ones needed help sometimes.

I loved watching my son. He’s the most amazing thing in my life. If I had nothing else but him, my life would still feel full and happy.

He was a spitting image of his father. There weren’t really any of my features in him; I was hoping when he got older that he’d start to look like me, even a little.

We named him Michael Connor Meyers when he was born. He was the most beautiful thing I’d ever laid eyed on when he was born. I wouldn’t have changed a second of my life if it meant that I wouldn’t have my son. He was worth everything and I would do anything for him.

Grayson nudged me when he sat down to the left of me. “You forgot these.”

He sat the 4 pills in front of me. Brian had Amanda and me on a strict regimen of vitamins. If we were going to go through the changing process, he was going to give us the best odds possible.

I groaned, “Those make me nauseous.”

He nodded, “I know. But if it helps during the change, you’ll be glad you had it.”

I shot him a dirty look before taking the vitamins. It was easier to just take them, than to fight with the men about it. No one was really for us changing into werewolves, but they couldn’t fight us on it. It was our choice. I didn’t want to be 70 walking around with a hunk like Grayson.

They’d think that I was his grandmother, not the woman he planned on spending his life with…which led to the compromises I had to make with him. He wouldn’t support my idea of attempting the change unless I married him. It was a threat he probably thought I wouldn’t agree to, so I did.

He had been a great father, not missing anything even though the pack required a lot from him. He’d been a good boyfriend and supporter ever since we started working through our problems. He was patient. I wouldn’t let us be officially together as boyfriend/girlfriend until Michael was almost three years old and Grayson didn’t complain. He showed the patience of a true hunter.

It wasn’t a huge ceremony with tons of people. It was basically just the pack. We even invited Stephan, but he didn’t stay very long. That many werewolves made him nervous. Phillip was there just to take a few jabs at Grayson. Finn only came to show support for one of his alphas. Mikko came because he was close with Grayson.

The whole marriage thing happened very fast. We’d only been married for a week when I the day came where I had to leave to Finn’s. Finn controlled all the voluntary changes. He took all responsibility for helping new wolves gain control over the beast inside themselves. I especially needed to be there so Aubrina could contain me. She thought I wouldn’t lose my powers because she hadn’t lost hers with her change.

Grayson grabbed my hand as we watched the kids feed themselves. I knew he was nervous for me, but he didn’t want to show it.

I spent my last day at home with my family. Michael knew I was going on a trip, so he wasn’t as emotional as I was. I knew the possibilities of what might happen. He didn’t.

Grayson and Brian helped us move into Finn’s main house. Usually the volunteers weren’t placed in his house, but Grayson had a long talk with his head alpha.

The next time we came home, we’d be werewolves.

Thanks so much for reading.

Next book is called Starting Over. It's out so go read it!