Chapter 5

An hour full of begging Stephan to forgive me later, Ashley opened the curtain. "The werewolves have left. Mostly for good I assume, they were talking about being late for something to do with Finn."

Stephan nodded and smiled at me. I really didn’t care who or what Finn was. All that mattered was that they were gone. The guilt I felt lessened slightly just knowing Grayson was gone.

I was straddling Stephan’s lap. He pulled my face to his by putting both his hands on my neck. The kiss started out innocent enough. He'd always let me set the pace, and it was exactly like always. He had to be careful, like the werewolves, the wrong twitch of his hand and he could kill me.

Stephan had always controlled himself very well, but when I pulled away, he wouldn't let me. When I stopped responding to his kisses, he didn't stop. When I opened my eyes, I saw something in his eyes I'd never seen before, something I knew I should be afraid of. I was scared.  Then there was a sharp pain on my tongue. My yelp was muffled by his mouth. Then I felt my tongue start to burn.

He bit me.

The pack had been right. They were going to be so pissed.

I took his arms off of me then pushed away from him. I ran out of the club, leaving him in shock. I kept my abilities quiet; Stephan didn’t know I had the power to push him away against his will. I never wanted anyone else to know what I could do. I tried to suck out the venom and spit it out while running to my house.

I heard sirens in the distance. They were too late to enforce the laws against Stephan. He had bit me against my will. They should have gotten there before he could bite me.

I knew it would absorb quickly. There’s a lot of space for absorption in the mouth. I knew that a few drops couldn’t change me into a vampire. There was a good amount of venom required to change a person to a vampire.

"Casey-Case." Stephan cooed. "Where are you going, my love?"

"Leave me alone!"I yelled.

"Oh come on, I thought you wanted to be one of us." I could’ve sworn I heard him laughing.

I sucked some more of the venom out and spit it on the ground. It felt like it was working. "You thought wrong."

His laugh echoed off the buildings. "You pulled away so fast that I didn't get to much venom into your bloodstream." I spit some more out. "But I bet it burns as it courses through your veins." He was in front of me, on the boundary of the werewolf district. "Come home with me, love. I can finish what I started quickly."

I shook my head. My tongue felt like it was swelling. The burning sensation took over my entire mouth.

"Who's in there is going to help you with vampire venom running through you?" He chuckled, now directly in front of me. Stephan was very fast. "Your Grayson is already gone. He’s probably furious that you’d choose me over him. And Brian? You've already pissed him off enough tonight."