Chapter 29

The next upload is going to be in a week. I'm going on a vacation for an extended weekend, so I won't have access to my computer. Sorry!...kinda =p

I was with Stephan longer than I thought I’d be. After a week with Stephan, he changed his car. He’d left me to feed one evening and came back with a different car. Apparently feeding wasn’t the only thing he’d done. He came back with a Mercedes M-Class SUV; Stephan definitely had a thing for Mercedes. He said it was safer and since I was pregnant with Grayson’s kid, he had to keep it safe or he’d get his head taken off.

I spent Christmas with Stephan. I made him buy me a camera for Christmas so I could track my expending belly. He even bought me some maternity clothes since they were more flattering to my belly. He wanted to take me home a week before Christmas and leave me there, but I really didn’t want to go.

I was having a good time with Stephan and I didn’t want Grayson bringing around his girlfriend to ruin another holiday for me.

So Stephan surprised me with a dwarf tree for Christmas. We strung popcorn for decoration.

I even spent New Year’s Eve with Stephan. He took me to a nice restaurant and everything. I knew he was worried. I hadn’t slept well since I left the pack house. Stephan was convinced that I wasn’t sleeping well because of the baby. The baby had a pull towards the pack and that pull kept me awake.

Stephan made us move around a lot. He said the rogues knew I wasn’t at the pack house anymore. They weren’t focusing on the pack anymore. They wanted revenge for me killing their alpha, so delivering me to the woman who was paying them would be killing two birds with one stone.

Stephan made sure to keep the rogues on our trail, but not too close. He wanted them to think we had no idea they were catching up to us.

We managed to lead them away from pack territory, closer to his coven’s land. Stephan had a plan and we had to stick to it.

By the time this plan started coming together, I was already 25 weeks pregnant. My belly was sticking out now. There was no way you could see it and not know what was under my shirt. It was mid March. The weather was getting warmer. It definitely wasn’t cold enough to hide my belly with a big jacket.

So if we were going out, I’d grab something loose and flowie so that it wasn’t incredibly obvious that I was pregnant.

---

Stephan was looking at a map where he thought the rogues were hiding at and I was looking at baby stuff online when there was a knock at the door.

I looked up at Stephan, he didn’t look surprised. Maybe he’d been expecting someone.

Three vampires came into our hotel room, two guys and a girl. I didn’t recognize the guys, but I definitely knew the girl. It was Ashley, one of my few friends from the city.

We both squealed like little girls when we saw each other. It took me a bit longer to pop out of the chair, but I managed.