Chapter 11

There was a pounding on my door the next morning…afternoon once I looked at my clock.

“Get up Casey.” Connor’s voice was my wakeup call. The door groaned as it opened. “What happened to the door?”

“Mason broke it.” I let out a groan as I turned onto my back. My neck was sore. Not painful like it was yesterday, just sore.

“Should I get Brian?”

I sighed, “No. I just need a nice hot shower and some aspirin.” I willed myself into a sitting position and slowly hung my head. It hurt but I needed to move it. I hated when my muscles seized up and were rendered useless the whole day.

Connor took the hint and left me alone.

Almost an hour later I was throwing on clothes. Connor had left me aspirin and a glass of water waiting on my dresser when I exited the bathroom. At least now I didn’t have to go look for it.

I threw my wet hair into a bun and started towards my door. Then I glanced in the mirror. I had love bites (my term for hickeys) all along my neck.

“Great.” I sighed and went to my bathroom. I had to cover the marks. It had been a few days since I’ve been officially broken up with Kevin; his pack may assume they were from him. But the guys would tease me if they laid their eyes on them. Then Kevin’s alpha might assume that Grayson killed Kevin out of jealousy.

There was a soft knock on my door as I was concealing the evidence.

She smiled slyly at me. “Are those from G?”

I sighed, “Maybe.” Her smile widened. “Don’t tell anyone.”

She nodded, “Secret’s safe with me… Need help?”

I nodded, “Yea, I can’t tell if it looks natural.”

I leaned my neck away from her. It was stiff.

With a few dabs she smiled, “No one will know.”

“Good.” I kept my hair down. It would dry eventually and I didn’t want anyone’s eyes to inspect my neck if my hair was up. “Do you think anyone noticed last night?”

She shook her head, “I’m sure if they did, we would’ve heard the teasing. You know how they are.”

Last night when Connor said Kevin’s pack would be here in the morning, I actually thought they’d be here in the morning. It was past dinner before anyone got here. I was washing dishes with Amanda. We had a good system. I would wash and rinse, she would dry.

I looked out the window to see 3 SUV driving down the long driveway.

Connor told us to go to our rooms and freshen up. He probably just wanted us upstairs in case something happened. We listened.