Chapter 12

Happy New Year everyone! I'll try to update soon, but I doubt I'll be writing anything this weekend. I hope everyone has fun! Be Safe!

Once the pack left the house the guys shifted and went for a run. I knew they were going to make sure that the other pack left our territory. Werewolves may be forced to get along, but they were still very touchy about their territory.

Grayson and Brian stayed behind with Amanda, Matt and I. The poor, defenseless women obviously couldn’t handle any problems without the big strong men...whatever.

I was tired, it had been a very long day and I was ready for sleep. Something felt different as I went up to my room.

It only took a second to figure out that I had an intruder. Monica was there, waiting for me, behind the huge mirror by my bed. I wasn’t the least bit surprised that she’d try to get me when I wasn’t expecting her. That would be the only time she’d be able to get close to me, when Grayson wasn’t around.

I was surprised that she’d do this alone, with no backup. She thought all the guys were gone following her pack’s cars. How did they not notice that she wasn’t with them after the little episode earlier?

She didn’t know that Grayson was coming up the stairs with me. I took the opportunity to read her mind. She didn’t hear Grayson. He always walked so quietly, it was spooky.

When I was at the last step, I turned to look at Grayson. He’d been staring right at my ass with absolutely no shame on his beautiful features.

He smirked and shrugged his shoulders when I narrowed my eyes at him. He opened his mouth to say something, but I quickly put my hands over his mouth. “Come to my room in 45 seconds. Don’t make a sound.” I whispered.

Monica wouldn’t hear me from my room. Not from where she was hiding.

He smirked and nodded. He’d probably wait there until the 45 seconds was up. He’d probably only make it to 30 since he probably thought I was inviting him into my bedroom for sex.

Once in my room, I turned the light on and went to my vanity. She’d take the opportunity here. I wasn’t looking in her direction.

She moved out from behind the mirror. I had to hand it to her, if I didn’t know every move she was making as she decided it, then he would’ve killed me.

I turned around and leaned against my vanity with my arms crossed over my chest. “Really?”

She looked stunned for a second. “I thought it was pretty original.”

I rolled my eyes, “Hiding behind my mirror, waiting for your opportunity to stab me in the back?” I was more disappointed. Werewolves usually attack more head on, then again, she’s a woman. I had very little experience with the female portion of werewolves. “What kind of wolf are you to have to sneak up on a human?”