Chapter 22

The long awaited chapter...

Amanda and I would be making dinner for everyone tonight, which meant we needed to get started. We had a lot of food to make.

She was lying in bed, her hands on her belly.

“What are you doing?”

“The baby’s moving.”

“I want to feel.”

She smiled and ushered me over. I had my hands on Amanda’s growing baby bump, trying to feel any signs of life, when it hit me.

I was late. I’d been puking. My back hurt. I couldn’t be around cooking meat at the BBQ.

Oh god…

“I’ll be back.” I grabbed my purse before bolting out the door, still in my pajamas.

I went to drug store on the other side of town. It was out of the way, but I didn’t want to run into one of the pack members. They usually stopped by to buy junk food since most of it was out of the main house. Amanda wanted Matt to have good eating habits, which meant no junk food.

I grabbed 3 boxes of pregnancy tests and a huge bottle of water.

The lady at the register just smiled at me knowingly. Apparently my mass panic at the fact that I might be pregnant was entertainment worthy.

I wanted to slap that smile right off her face, but I refrained from doing so.

I took the tests out of the boxes and shoved them in my purse. I threw all the evidence away in a trashcan outside of the pharmacy before leaving. I didn’t want those nosey guys to figure out that I was pregnant because they found the boxes, or the receipt.

I chugged half the water bottle. I knew I couldn’t drink too much or it would dilute my damn pee.

This couldn’t be happening. I couldn’t have a baby. I wanted one, eventually, but not now.

I crept up to my room. Brian and Amanda would probably be wondering what I was up to. Amanda would definitely check up on me. I didn’t want her to catch me taking a pregnancy test.

I took all the tests out of my purse before throwing it on my bed. Nothing in there was important right now.

5 minutes later I was sitting on toilet, too coward to walk to the sink where the tests were waiting for me. They had been done for maybe a minute now.

I gathered what little bravery I had left in me and walked over to the tests. Of course I didn’t look at them. I had my eyes closed shut, arms wailing in the air so I didn’t run into anything.