Chapter 2

I woke up in my room not remembering much, like usual. When I drink with vampires, I usually black out an hour or two after I get there. They can sure pound away alcohol and I just wanted to keep up. 

I took a shower to freshen up, then went downstairs to the kitchen. Nursing hangovers was becoming the norm for me. I could go on through my day with them now. Amanda was cooking pancakes. I quietly walked in. Brian was looking at Amanda from the counter like she was the most amazing thing in the world. I was jealous. I wanted to be wanted, loved that much.

"What's up love birds?"

Amanda looked back and smiled at me. "Happy birthday!"

I smiled, "Thanks."

Brian smiled, "Give me a hug."

I walked over and wrapped my arms around his stomach. "The pack is coming over tonight. You'll be there."

I sighed, not happy at all. They were the last people I wanted to see on my birthday. "Don't make me hate you."

Brian let me go, with a smile on his face still. I wanted to smack that smile right off of his face. Amanda turned back to cooking, humming along with the music coming through the radio.

"You still smell like vampires. You need to scrub that off before they get here." They all hated vampires. I don’t know what it is that makes them hate the vampires so much, but they do.

I rolled my eyes. "They aren't so bad once you get to know them."

Brian chuckled, obviously amused that I was defending the vampires. "That’s until you meet them outside of here. Then you're just dinner to them." He looked me in my eyes. "They're just seducing you into their ways so they can turn you."  

I rolled my eyes. "They don't want to turn me."

He shook his head, "That's why you're with them every night, laughing, kissing and fucking them." He was disgusted. I could tell from his voice, even if he didn’t want to admit it.

I glared. "That was low."

He looked at his wife. "But still true." He muttered.

I went upstairs and scrubbed off the scent of vampires. After breakfast Brian sent me up to the bathroom again because I didn't get it all. I stayed home with Amanda. We watched TV most of the day. She must have something close to a cleaning obsession; she kept the house sparkling clean.

When the phone rang, Amanda got it.

"Hello?" A pause. "Oh Hey Conner." She looked at me. I shook my head, "No, they’re both not here right now." She could lie over the phone, and sometimes tell white lies to Brian. She was good at it. "I'll tell either one to call you when they get back." She laughed, "What time you are guys due here?" She looked at the clock. "3? Brian doesn't get back until 5. If Casey's not back, I'll be there." She smiled, "Alright bye."