Chapter 10

Conner was the one who woke me up from my nap. All he had to do was push my broken door open. “We need to have a meeting.”

I sighed. “The one Grayson had to go get me for?”

He nodded. “You guys took a detour to kill your ex-boyfriend, I hear.”

“It wasn’t a detour. He just showed up.”

“Grayson said he was trying to abduct you. That he had no choice.”

I sighed. “Kevin had a gun.”

Connor nodded, “His Alpha’s coming in the morning to collect the body. I’m sure he’s going to want to talk with you about the incident.”

I sat up and looked at him confused. “His alpha’s coming?” It made no sense. Why would an alpha werewolf go into another alpha’s territory?

Connor nodded, “Yes. All werewolf packs aren’t at war with each other. Things have changed since you’ve been in the city.”

“Kevin’s alpha is going to blame me for what happened.”

Connor shrugged. “He won’t hurt you. I won’t let him. Get dressed. We’ll talk after dinner.”

I didn’t dress up for dinner. I settled on sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I wasn’t trying to impress anyone here.

When I looked in the mirror, I noticed there were leaves in my hair. No one had told me I had leaves in my hair. They probably thought I looked funny. Those jerks.

 I wasn’t very hungry at dinner. All I could think about was how I totally failed at staying away from Grayson. I really hadn’t wanted to fall into his deadly trap. My body acted by itself.

I had absolutely no control over myself when Grayson was around, and that scared me.

Everyone waited in the living room for Connor. I was nervous. I intentionally sat away from Grayson. I didn’t want anyone to know what had happened between us.

It would have been awkward. They were probably betting on when we would get together. They all knew about what happened on my birthday. There were no real secrets between pack members.

My neck was still numb and burning. The pain killers would probably start losing their effect soon. I definitely wasn’t looking forward to that.

Mason, Grayson and Brian were the only ones in the living room when I walked in.

“I thought we were having a pack meeting?” I said as I sat next to Brian on the loveseat. I definitely didn’t want to sit between the brothers. The couch already seemed to be overflowing with them.