Chapter 20

Philip woke me up at 5AM. I groaned and looked at him. “You should go get us some water.”

I shot him a dirty look. “I just got to sleep.”

He nodded, “Now, go put on that robe.” He pointed to it. “I’ve got a plan.”

“And what plan is this?”

“While you were sleeping, I found this.” He held up a slutty angel costume. “You should wear it under the robe.” It was basically a white corset and a white tutu.

“And how does this plan work?”

“G’s woman has been in the kitchen with a couple other girls for almost an hour. G will check on her soon. He’ll be suspicious of why you’re wearing a robe at this party.”

I could still hear the booming music.

“I’m not ready to confront him.”

He nodded, “Yes, but once he smells me all over you, he’ll get jealous and snoop around.”

“You want him to catch us in the act?”

He shrugged, “More or less.”

I nodded and grabbed the costume. I put it on in my closet since my robe was hanging on the door anyway. “And how are we going to pretend.”

“We’ll wrestle.” He smiled when I looked at him weird. “If you can pin me, just once, I’ll get you off.” I rolled my eyes. “Oh, come on, you enjoyed it last time.”

“It’s not like the real thing.”

He smirked, “I agree, but it’s what you’ve agreed to.”

I could feel the chill in the air when I covered myself with the robe. “This isn’t going to work.”

He wrapped his arms around me, “Yes it will. Just try to be sneaky.” I rolled my tired eyes again. “If you get into trouble, I’ll be listening.”

I nodded and told myself I could do this. Then I tried to make my way, unseen, to the kitchen.

I was doing great, until I actually got to the kitchen.

I had two water bottles in my hand. I was about to make my way upstairs. My foot just touched down on the first step when I heard a throat clear. I hesitantly looked back. It was Grayson, complete with arms crossed and a disapproving stare. If I had the ability, I would’ve set him on fire, right then.

“What are you doing?” He asked suspiciously.

“I got some water. I’m parched.” I couldn’t keep the sarcasm out of my voice.

“You need two bottles?” He snipped at me.