Chapter 8

To say I was shocked barely scratched the surface. "You were the last person I was expecting to be stalking me." I tried to keep my cool. I didn’t want him to know how much he affected me. Just stare at his eyes, his pretty, pretty eyes.

He walked into the water, "Who says I'm stalking?"

"Well you're here." Stare at those blue eyes. I chanted in my head.

He was now waist deep; I didn't have to focus on his eyes. I swam out into deeper water. I needed as much space as I could get from him.

"How do you know nothing's going to suck you under the surface?" He asked playfully.

I waded in the water, keeping only my head above the surface, "It would've gotten me already."

He dove in and swam until he was about 5 feet from me.

"So how've you been Grayson?" I desperately wanted him to keep his space. I didn’t trust myself to keep in control if my bare skin touched his.

He shrugged, "Busy."

"You had enough time to finish your big tattoo." I noted. I saw it on my birthday; I just hadn’t said anything about it. I was too focused on…other things for any conversation back then. He smiled and nodded.

“It was finished almost 4 years ago.”

“Well, I didn’t really notice last time I saw it.”

His grin widened remembering our last visit, then the smile started disappearing. All amusement left his face.

“When you chose that vampire over me.” His voice was matter-of-fact and almost mean.

“He was my boyfriend. What was I supposed to do?”

His eyes narrowed as he swam closer to me. “Leave him.”

“Well if we hadn’t gotten together that night he probably wouldn’t have bitten me.”

“If you had left him and went home with your pack, he wouldn’t have bitten you.”

I couldn’t believe he was blaming me for what happened. “It wasn’t my fault that he bit me.”

Every stroke closer Grayson got, I had to back stroke twice. He was so much larger than me.

“It doesn’t matter whose fault is. You should have listened to us when we told you he was dangerous.” He was really close now. All I could think about was that he was naked underneath the water…just like me. “But no, you know best.” He said condescendingly.

“I trusted him, just as much as I trusted you.”