Chapter 18

I woke up feeling like a mess. I put on jeans and a shirt I didn’t care about. I threw my hair in a pony tail. I didn’t wear any makeup because I knew that would be suspicious. They’d pester me. They could look at my swollen and red eyes. I knew some of them had to have heard me crying last night.

I made my way to the kitchen. It was still early enough to make breakfast for the guys. The guys would all be up soon. I started on breakfast. I felt like pancakes, so I made a bunch of them. The guys slowly drifted towards the smell of pancakes until they were fighting each other in a line for food. When they were all fed, they draped themselves along the couches for a few minutes before going on with their chores.

Miranda, Grayson’s girlfriend, came into the kitchen and stopped when she saw me. She didn’t like me. I’m sure she moaned extra loud last night just to let me know he was in her. I knew why she wanted to be with Grayson. She saw the huge house, she knew he was amazing in bed, he’s hot, and sometimes he can be a real sweetheart. I resisted the urge to punt her into the middle of the ocean.

I smiled lightly, "Want some pancakes?"

She slowly nodded as if unsure. I grabbed a plate and put two pancakes and some eggs on it.

"Syrups right there." I pointed to the bottle 3 feet from her. That was the closest I could get to her.

I gave her a mug and slid the orange juice carton to her. Grayson came into the kitchen and looked at the stack of pancakes.

"You eat yet?"

I just nodded, not looking at him. He'd take the whole plate of about 6 pancakes and finish the eggs. I hadn’t eaten. I just didn’t want to talk to that jerk. I didn't bother with getting him a cup, he could get that himself. After putting the dishes in the sink for later, I left the room. I went to the living room and sat on the couch.

Mason lifted me off the couch not long after I sat down.

“What are you doing?”

He smiled weakly at me, “I’m taking you to see the horses.”

I sighed and just gave in. I didn’t bother arguing. It was a waste of energy. “What horses?”

“Connor purchased horses from one of our neighbors who couldn’t afford to keep them anymore. They don’t tolerate most of the pack, but they can tolerate a few of us. And you’re human, so they’ll have no problem with you.”

He kicked open my door, “Change into something you don’t mind getting dirty. Meet me downstairs in 5, or I’ll come get you myself.”

I nodded and headed towards my closet.

I met Mason’s deadline.

I put a small, but fake smile on my face, “Ready?”