Chapter 23

I went against Brian’s advice. I needed to tell Amanda that way she wouldn’t hate me all day. There was no escaping each other today.

It was already noon. If we didn’t start now, the food wouldn’t be done by the time they all got hungry.

I lightly knocked on their bedroom door. Amanda shot up and started wiping her eyes.

I’m sure I looked guilty, cause I sure felt guilty. “I’m sorry.”

She shook her head sniffling. “I’m just being over sensitive. You don’t have to tell me why you’re mad if you don’t want to.”

I sighed and sat down on their bed. “I didn’t mean to be mean to you. And if I should tell anyone why I’m mad, it should be you.”

She nodded and took a deep breath with a little smile. “These hormones drive me absolutely bonkers.”

I smiled. “Hopefully mine won’t drive me crazy.”

She shook her heads, “I’m sure you don’t have crazy hormones like I do.”  She wiped her eyes one last time.

I sighed, “That’s what made me mad.”

She instantly looked confused. “What are you talking about?”

“I just took a pregnancy test.” Amanda’s eyes went the widest I’ve ever seen them. “They were all positive.”

She screamed and launched herself at me. She was a lot faster than I expected her to be. She had me lying flat on my back while she cried on me. “I’m so happy!” She sobbed. “We can have cute little babies together.”

She lifted my shirt despite my protests and kissed the nonexistent bump. “I’ll be such a great aunt!”

Brian entered the room. “Why the screaming?” he sighed when he looked at his wife. “She’s not even showing.”

She just smiled at her husband. “It doesn’t matter. It’s in there.”

“You two should start on dinner. The turkeys will take forever.”

She nodded and pulled me up. “Let’s go cook!”

She was so happy now. One second she was crying because she was sad, then she was crying again because she was happy. I could only cross my fingers that I wouldn’t be as crazy as she is.

Amanda was going to blab her mouth, I just knew it. She was extra bubbly. Whenever the guys would come into the kitchen, they’d look at her probably thinking she was on something.

Hell, I thought she was on something, but I knew what made her so happy.