Chapter 30

It felt like a huge weight had been lifted from me. The vampires were keeping a close eye on Monica as we traveled back to the pack house. Stephan said we would get home around 4pm.

Monica didn’t make any noises while we traveled. She was unconscious from all the drugs the vampires were pumping into her. The rogues were all dead. I may not have delivered any final blows, but I didn’t allow any of them to leave.

Stephan only kept Monica alive so the werewolves could have some proof that she was behind it all.

I didn’t remember falling asleep, but some time during the drive I dozed off.

“Casey.” Stephan’s voice startled me.

I nearly jumped out of my seat.

I stretched and rubbed my eyes. “What?”

“We’re here. You need to open the garage for us to get the car in.”

I nodded and opened the car door.

The sun wouldn’t instantly burn them to a crisp, but it would still hurt them.

No one was in the house. It was completely empty. I dismissed it. The longer it stayed empty, the more sleep I could get in.

It felt nice to be home. I pressed the garage opener and let the vampires into the pack house.

“You know you can’t stay.”

Stephan nodded. “We’re leaving as soon as we get the wolf downstairs.”

I led them to the basement and opened a cell for Monica. Once she was securely in there, we left her there. Coming off the drugs would be painful. She’d go through withdrawal. I didn’t care. She deserved to suffer.

Stephan went back into the garage to his car, “I’ll call in a few days. They would not like to find me here when they all come back.”

I nodded gave him then Ashley a hug. I missed Ashley. I was so glad that she came to see me.

Once they were gone, I went right up to my room. I took a steaming hot shower then fell asleep in my nice, comfortable bed.

---

When I woke up, I nearly had a heart attack. I almost popped up and started screaming like a little girl, but I didn’t. I did flinch and let out a tiny sound, but it wasn’t something I’d get teased for later.

“Casey?” It was Chris who was standing at the side of my bed, staring at me like some serial killer. “I didn’t think you were coming back.”

I put my hand on my chest, hoping that it would slow down a little. “Do you have to be so stalker-ish?”