Chapter 13

I didn’t want to wake up. It was the best sleep I’ve gotten in weeks. I felt so refreshed.

Then I opened my eyes. Grayson was sleeping right next to me. I knew he was knocked out. He was dreaming, I could tell by the way his eyes moved back and forth under his eyelids. He was shirtless, just in some boxers.

One look at his abs had me all hot and bothered. Grayson had always been fit, ridiculously fit. Nothing had changed in all the years I’ve been gone. I’d bet that he’s more fit now than when I last saw those abs.

I rolled my eyes at myself. I needed to get out of here before I had sex with him…again. I wanted to, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t let myself be his little whore. I wanted to be with Grayson, in a relationship, a real one. I don’t want to be friends with benefits. He would want to too, I wouldn’t believe anything else.

I carefully crawled out of his bed. I stole one last ogle at his body while biting my bottom lip. If I were his girlfriend, I’d never let him out of bed. But I wasn’t. Not anymore.

I walked my hormones to my room and took a nice cold shower.

No one was out of bed yet when I came downstairs. Usually there was someone up. It must have been a long night and the guys were getting some well deserved sleep. So I needed to take my opportunity while I had it.

I made my way down to the basement. There was a keypad next to the metal door to get to the basement. I’d never had use for the basement, so I’d never noticed. A few minutes searching through my brother’s memories, I found the code.

Each pack member had a different code so they could keep track of who was accessing the basement. If someone escaped, they had someone to blame for not locking the basement down correctly.

When the door unlocked, it hardly budged. I couldn’t push it open, it was way too heavy. So I gave it a gentle shove with my mind. It opened just enough for me to fit through. The door looked like it belonged in a bank instead of this house. I’d bet that this entire room was built like a safe.

They wanted to keep the crazy werewolves from getting out.

I made my way down the stairs. They were cold since they were metal. When I got to the main floor, I saw Monica curled up in a thin blanket. It was cold in here for me, so I’d imaging that she would be freezing right now since werewolves tend to run a bit hotter than humans.

There were three cages. They were all shiny, so I’d assume they were covered in silver to deter the prisoners from touching the bars. There were cots with a blanket and pillow on each. Everything looked like it was pretty cheap. They probably don’t want anything that would be expensive to replace in a cage where a werewolf on a rampage would destroy it.

Monica glared at me when she saw me. I couldn’t help but smile at her. I liked seeing her pissed off. It made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

“Sleep good?” I asked as I walked up to her cell.