Chapter 26

I was nervous. I was in pain. I was in mourning.

I definitively wasn’t in the right frame of mind to make friends with this guy.

“Connor made a deal with me, that if I let you live, that he’d see that my granddaughter was taken care of. That’s the deal we were talking about.”

“Who’s your granddaughter?” I had a pretty good feeling that his granddaughter is Grayson’s stupid whore.

Aubrina’s eyes narrowed at me. I had completely forgotten that Grayson said she was like me. She knew what I was thinking. Aubrina smirked at my realization.

“Miranda. She’s been here a few times. She’s currently the alpha’s girlfriend.” He looked so proud. That information didn’t stop the rage I felt roll through me.

I shook my head and looked away from him. “What did you come here for?” My temper was short and I know it came through in my voice.

“You should respect your elders.” Aubrina said with as much attitude as I had.

My eyes narrowed on hers. “My elders have are nothing more than a pain in my ass.”

Finn smiled at me. “You have quite the temper. It must run in your family.” He was referring to my brother. I just stared Finn right in his eyes. It was dumb, but I wasn’t in the mood for werewolf politics. I wanted to find those bastards that killed my brother and rip their guts out. “I am here to offer my condolences for your loss.” That felt like he stabbed me right in the gut. “Connor was a great man and an even better alpha. He’ll be greatly missed.”

I crossed my arms over my chest. “If that’s all you have to say, you should just leave.” I looked down at my knee. It didn’t hurt so much anymore compared to the pain in my chest.

Finn slowly sat next to my legs. “Grayson expressed concern over your leg, and over your abilities.” Finn rested his hand on my bandaged knee. It felt very warm, then the pain slowly slipped away. “I’m not going to completely heal you. There’s a risk of malformation in the healing since you’re human.” He took his hand off of my knee. It felt a lot better.

“Thanks.”

He nodded and stood. “Aubrina is going to fix your abilities.”

The woman came closer to me than Finn had. “What did you do to short circuit your abilities?”

I sighed. “I was reading Monica’s mind. She said Finn had something planned for this pack.” I looked at Finn. “I wanted to know what, so when I dug too far, everything exploded.”

Aubrina smiled, “Good to know my abilities are that effective against unwanted readings.” She placed her cold hand on my forehead. “You shouldn’t be so nosey.”

“I just wanted to know what you have planned for my family.” I was looking at Finn. “No one else has the balls to man up and tell me.”