One

before you read beware that this sh- is cringy and does not portray realistic characteristics of day6 members (or anyone involved) plus idk what i thought while writing but oh well plEaSe eNjOy

© Youngkswifeu

"Dude that's the point of debuting. To perform." Brian asserted while tugging on Jae's shirt. He pouted and acted cutely but Jae remained quiet with an irritated look.

The band was in their assigned dressing room after they all got their makeup done and dressed up. They were waiting to be called backstage to have their in-ear monitors and mics attached and set up.

Jae showed signs of not wanting to participate when he wouldn't rehearse seriously. It wasn't a big concert they were having, it was more like a showcase.

"Leave me alone," Jae whined and freed himself from Brian's grasp.

"Aaaaah," Wonpil started. "We barely have two hours left, make up your mind. Are you performing or not?" Then he looked over at Sungjin for some kind of leader input.

"Right, we need you." Sungjin joined in, sounding forced.

Wonpil gave him the never mind look and rolled his eyes. He mumbled some things under his breath as he walked out of the dressing room. He returned in a few seconds and whisper-shouted, "Hyungnim is coming."

Everyone tried to act natural.

"Jae come with me." JYP looked rather irritated than mad but there was no difference because he reacted the same way to every situation.

The oldest member sluggishly got up and followed him out.

"I heard from ASC, you want to quit??" He paused waiting for a response. "You didn't even give a legitimate reason, 'you don't feel like it anymore.'  Really?? You barely signed the contract- is this a joke to you?"

Was that a rhetorical question or was he supposed to answer?

"Hyungnim, what exactly are you angry about?" He asked slowly with a blank face.

"What's your actual reason, tell me everything."

"Everything?"

Jae wasn't sure about what to say anymore. It wasn't a big deal anyway. Plus so many things had happened already.

Right at the moment, the PA system came on: Two hours left, we need all members on standby.

Jae felt relieved and waited for JYP to let him go. As soon as the CEO did, he rushed back to the room.

"I'll go first," Dowoon said, throwing his drumsticks in the air to do some kind of trick.

"Really?" Jae questioned sarcastically. "You don't have time to be doing that." He added, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Ayyee," Brian exclaimed completely ignoring Jae's feelings about it. "Hyung you know he's been practicing that for like a whole week?"

"Not even. It's been like two days." The maknae opposed and turned to Wonpil who looked indifferent about what was going on. "Let's leave together."

One more time, the members diverted their attention to the ceiling looking for where the sounds came from when the PA system came on again.

"Okay, that's enough. Dowoon get your ass over there and you," Jae said shrugging his shoulder towards Wonpil, "follow him."

Both boys got up quickly and left.