Chapter 46: Her

My eyes slowly opened, only to find out that the other side of my bed is now unoccupied. I couldn't feel warm arms wrapped around my body, or a soft cheek resting in my head. A slight feeling of fear started building up inside me. I'm all alone, not only in my room, but in my entire house. I hurriedly sat up and looked around. I turned to look at my bedside table and checked the time, it was already ten past six in the morning. Beside my clock is my phone, with a piece of paper placed under in it. I moved closer and took it.

K,

Good morning :) I'm sorry if I had to leave. I needed to come back home and get changed for school. I didn't want to wake you up. You sleep like a baby. By the way, I'm not much of a cook but I made you pancakes downstairs, at the kitchen. Don't come to school without taking them. See you later at school! x

PS: You're beautiful. I love you!

Love,
C

I scrunched up my nose and laughed lightly. I flopped down on my bed and buried my face on my pillow, releasing a muffled scream. I stayed there staring at the ceiling for minutes, the smile never leaving my face. I never knew I would love this kind of thing. I couldn't contain all the emotions I have inside my chest. It was like I'm going to burst in any moment. Waking up to a love note from the person you love the most is probably one of the best things in life that you could ever experience. It was my first time to receive one, and I admit I couldn't deny how happy and glad I am. I turned to the other side of my bed and read his note again. The feeling won't stop coming back. It's like every time I read it feels like the first time. I love how he makes me feel. I never thought Calum would be such a romantic person.

I washed my hair with an enough amount of shampoo as I sing along out loud in McFly's Little Joanna. I know for a fact that I am happy, and I have to keep myself like this for a long time, or maybe for the rest of my life. I know my relationship between my family aren't quite sorted out yet, but I'm sure I can handle it all. Calum will never leave me, and that gives me enough courage and strength to face everyday. He makes me strong.

I walked to my dresser and grabbed my not-so-unusual outfit. My comfortable pink shirt that I paired with a black leather jacket, black skinny jeans and high cut chucks fitted me perfectly. I pulled my hair up in a loose fishtail after blow-drying it. I smiled at my own reflection in my mirror while applying my usual make up. I love how I'm constantly being happy about everything in my life now. I hope everything turns out fine. I know everything's not yet sorted, but I know they will be.

I grabbed my bag and started walking in a quick manner to the kitchen. I couldn't wait to see what he prepared for me, although I know they were pancakes. I opened the oven where he placed the pancakes, making my eyes close for how delicious it smelled. I placed the plate at the counter and grabbed the syrup and butter inside the fridge. I checked the time on my phone, it's just 7:03. I smiled at the thought that I still have time. I keep closing my eyes every time I eat the pancakes. He said he's not much of a cook, but what he did with these pancakes is absolutely incredible. They looked a little burnt but they tasted heaven.

Getting at the last piece of pancake, I took the syrup and wrote something on the food using it. I couldn't think of anything to write, so I ended up writing "CTH" on it. After doing it, I laughed at myself, realizing I looked like a lovesick thirteen year old. It was pretty lame but, who cares? This is what love does to people, and I admit I'm in love. Even though sometimes I end up looking pretty stupid.

I emptied my plate and the bottle of orange juice before washing it. I walked around the house to make sure everything is secured. I walked outside our front door and locked it, and started making my way to school.