Chapter 72: Her

My hands are kept inside the pockets of my coat, watching my feet move as we slowly walk to nowhere in particular. I kept my head down, not knowing what to say. It's not that I don't have anything to say, I actually have a lot. I just can't seem to find the right words to utter. I don't know where to start, and how should I begin. I want to look at him and lock our gazes just like before, but I can't seem to even just glance at him within a second. The silence embraced us together, and it's starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

But finally, he decided to give it a go. I sighed in relief.

"So yeah," He smiled. "How have you been?"

I gave him back the same smile he beamed on me. It's still the same, the smile that I fell in love with.

And still falling for.

"I've been good," I admitted. "I've been really busy. I enjoyed everything a lot since it involved a lot of writing and reading. I barely get much sleep but it was my choice and I kind of enjoyed what I did there. It was a fun experience. Tiring, but nice."

I smiled and looked at him, making our eyes meet. He was smiling as well, and I couldn't deny the fact that it still make my heart jump up and down and make dramatical uneven beats. I don't want to look away and break the contact, but I did. I know it's all for the better, even though I could stand looking at him forever.

"How about you? And here? I mean, everyone. The band, school, the people. How is everything?" I asked in an instance.

I took the chance to catch up on things by asking him everything that I was wondering about. I know I could always catch up on things on my own, but probably doing this would make our conversation a little bit longer, and I could stay with him for a little bit longer.

"I don't know where to start." He chuckled. "Ask me one by one."

I rolled my eyes and laughed lightly. He never changed. He's still the Calum I got to know.

"Okay," I smiled and sighed. "How's your band?"

"Well 5SOS is-"

I cut him off. "As in five es oh es?" I pronounced letter per letter. Or should I say, number and letter per letter, I don't know.

"Yeah," He chuckled. "More like five sauce, easier way to say our band's name."

By that I got to realize that those letters are the initials of their bands name. I am so dumb.

"Okay I got it. So what about you guys?"

"Well, we got signed by a not-so-big record deal here at Sydney. It's not really much but, we got to start recording our first EP." He replied with such happiness in his eyes.

"No fucking way." Was all I managed to say. His eyes widened a bit.

"Can't believe it either." He looked up and smiled.

I nudged him lightly on his side, somehow remembering that this was how I always acted around him before. Oh well. It wasn't that awkward though. He just smiled and I smiled and... my heart jumped.

"I told you guys you're gonna make it." I said proudly. "One day you'll have your own world tour. Don't forget about me, yeah?"

"Of course," He chuckled again, looking at me this time. "Why would I even forget you?"

I can't quite put a finger on what to feel about what he just said. Our eyes met again, and this time I don't know how to react. I want to play things cool.

"How about Ashton? How's he?" I asked, changing the subject. And of course I wanted to know about Ashton too.

"That jerk." He retorted. I got confused.