Chapter 22: Her

Everyone is staring at me.

The moment I got to school, I expected to get shit loads of stares and glares and comments about this whole crap thing I'm doing. I'm Kristen "The Slutty Whore" Walsh for today. I don't know what the hell crossed my mind and I came up with this shit. I don't want to do this but I couldn't stop myself from doing so. I want to make him mad. I want to piss the shit out of him. I want him to be disappointed even if I don't know how to. I could have come up with better things than this but this was the only thing that popped out of my mind the moment I saw him making out with a bitch. I don't understand why the hell am I so affected. I'm finding it so hard to admit to myself the real reason why I'm doing this. All I know is I want him to be mad not only to me but to himself as well. I know I couldn't resist him feeling bad about everything but even just for a day, just for today, I want to do this. I am being completely pathetic for doing this without knowing the real and whole reason why, but I couldn't stop myself. Calum has to get mad. And I need to win.

I started walking in a very odd way, trying not to let all the stares scare me. My usual facial expression came out, but immediately faded away as I saw his friend Luke pointing at me. This is it, he is about to see me. My heart started beating rapidly about this whole thing. I'm not even lasting for an hour yet but I'm already regretting this whole pretending thing. I am not myself right now. This isn't me, this isn't Kristen. I'm getting shit loads of unusual stares, and everyone got literally quiet as when I passed by. Usually whenever I get to be in the same place with Stacey, everyone is looking at her. But right now, everyone is staring at me. If she was me, she would like this. But I feel disgusted. I couldn't read all of their stares, and I'm not sure if it's a good one or not. Some guys are already murmuring bullshit about my legs and butt, and I'm not liking the way it sounds. Everything sounds so fucking disgusting and slutty and if I can evaporate right now I would. I shouldn't have done this. I could have just smacked Calum's head. I guess it would somehow be worth it.

I can see him coming closer to me as he take his jacket off. I pretended that I didn't see him. As much as I wanted to stop this, I want to get him pissed. And I would really look stupid if I get back to my usual self right now.

But still, I shouldn't have done this.

Calum threw his jacket at me and of course I didn't catch it. He looked at me surprised and I just looked down at his jacket then back at him. He walked closer and wrapped it around me. Because of how small I am, my body got all covered. He held the jacket and wrapped his arms around me as we make our way inside, dragging me.

The familiar nervous butterflies started wrestling in the pit of my stomach again.

But I'm a bitch today, right?

I pulled away and threw his jacket off of me and started walking again. There are only few people around but we're still causing a scene so everyone is looking. I wish stares could kill so I can just die right now.

"What the hell Kristen?" He exclaimed.

"Stop following me!" I spat out. I hate this.

"Why wouldn't I follow you?" He spat out and ran a hand through his thick black hair. "Every guy out there is checking you out and if you were really stupid something would happen to you!"

I remained walking, acting like I am not paying attention but to be honest, his words are really true. Today isn't Halloween to dress up like Stacey O'Connor, I reminded myself.

"If you're being a pain in the ass and not planning to change, at least wear this damn jacket to cover you up." He reached out his jacket to me as I open my locker.

He put the jacket himself on me because I was being a bitch acting like I am not even paying attention.

Why does he have to do this? I know he doesn't care and the purpose of all this bullcrap is to make him mad, not to make me feel all these weird flying thing in my stomach.

I removed the jacket off of my shoulders and it fell down the ground. He picked it up immediately and placed it back on me, and I took it off again. We remained doing the same thing for a couple times. We looked like we're just playing with each other. And if we weren't in this kind of situation at the moment, I'd find this really nice. He's being really over protective but I'm being a complete bitch and a great pain in the ass.

If I didn't say anything, he would still put the jacket on me until I get tired of taking it off.

"Would you stop?" I exclaimed, rolling my eyes. I am such a good actor.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He asked, anger evident on his tone.

I guess this is what I've been waiting for.

"What is wrong with me?" I turned to face him and crossed my arms. "You."

"What the hell did I do now?" He asked, and I wanted to laugh at his expression.

I looked away and turned to face my locker again. "Nothing. I guess I just feel like doing this."

"You're not Kristen." He uttered.

"Just let me do whatever the hell I want and leave me alone!"

He gasped and I immediately regretted everything that came out of my mouth. I know it was all pretend, but what if he took it for real? What if he thought that I'm actually ending this stupid deal? It doesn't really matter to me but... no, it does matter to me.

"You're out of your mind." He stated. I got relieved.

I still have to act though.

"Change is good, you know." I lied. It's not.

He laughed and rolled his eyes. "Really?"

"Yes." I said, barely opening my mouth.

"Well then you don't need this anymore."

Calum took my skateboard and just walked off. Before I could process what's happening, he was already gone and I don't know where to find him.

No. Not my fucking skateboard.

I ran to the bathroom with his jacket and my extra pants together with all this make up remover and a hair tie. I seriously couldn't last a day dressed up like this, and without my skateboard.

I'm just going to finish all my classes and deal with Calum.