Chapter 69: Him

My eyes immediately opened the moment I heard my alarm clock ringing. It's time to wake up, it's time to get up. It's the first day of school for this year and for some reasons, I found myself excited somehow. Today's a Monday, and usually I wouldn't be really up this early. I sat down at the edge of my bed and rested my elbows at my lap. I lowered my head down and closed my eyes. I'm feeling a lot of things, but I can't quite put a finger on what I really should feel. I feel free, I feel wonderful, I feel sad, I feel nervous, I feel scared. I took a deep breath and ran a hand through my thick sticky black hair. I need to make things right, but I need to calm down first.

I stood at the shower with my eyes closed, letting the hot water hit my back, keeping me relaxed. Thoughts started flooding back inside my head but I didn't let any of it bother me. After a few minutes, I walked out of the shower, not even bothered to cover myself with a towel as I walk to my dresser. I settled with my black skinny jeans that I paired with my black tank top and a navy blue flannel. A smile slowly curled up on my lips right after I slipped my black converse on my feet. It reminded me of her. It was somehow weird, but I find it cute. Even at the littlest thing, I could still find pieces of her.

After getting all ready, I made my way to my car and started igniting it. I rolled my windows down and played McFly's Room On The Third Floor album as I drive my way to school. Images of her rummaging through my pile of albums started appearing inside my head. I miss how she would talk about her favorite song and how much it affected her. I miss how she would scream and shout lyrics with me as we both sing along through the music. I miss how I would pretend that I am not seeing her looking sweetly at me, just to be able to keep her doing it. I miss how she would steal kisses from me whenever I'm driving. I miss how she would fall asleep on her seat and I will take pictures of her. I miss how bad she gives directions to where we're going. I miss her knock knock jokes, and even though they're not funny at all, they still crack me up like crazy. I miss her so much, I miss everything about her. I can't stop wondering when will I able to be with her again. I feel like I am the world's stupidest person for just letting her slip out of my hands when all I wanted was her to be with me. I was so scared, and I didn't have the chance to come up and think about what is right. I wish I could turn back time to make things right. But I guess everything happens for a reason, and my precise reason was her, and still is.

I glanced at the bunch of pink tulips laying on the passenger seat. She never told me anything about flowers, but I could see how her eyes would lit up every time we pass by the flower shop and she would see these tulips. It happened for a lot of times, but she never insisted me to buy her even just one. I know she was never really that in the girly side, but I know deep inside her, she still love flowers. I just hope I am not wrong about all this guess. I just really want o surprise her in any possible way I could.

Good thing that I drove my way to school, because if I walked maybe I'd be running late. It's almost eight o'clock and I am running my way to my locker to get my stuffs. I didn't care if I was bumping into people. Even though it was really rude to just walk away after bumping into someone and making all their stuffs be scattered all over the floor. I remember it once happened before. I didn't help the person, and I know it was really rude to just run away. But then after that incident, she turned out to be someone who would change me in a very unexpected way. I just smiled at my thoughts.

I stopped for a moment and desperately grasped for air the moment I got to my locker. It took me almost two minutes to make my breathing back to normal. I feel like I just finished running a hundred mile. I stood straight and started doing the number combos for my locker. The moment I opened it, a piece of paper fell down. I took it as my eyebrows furrowed. Then I recognized the hand writing.

Calum x

I slammed my locker and made my way back to my car. I couldn't think about classes anymore.