Chapter 47: Him

I stood under the usual tree in front of our campus gates while I patiently wait for Kristen to come out. She said she has something to tell me, and I do too. I just hope that hers isn't a bad thing. It scares me for some reasons whenever she says she wants to talk to me, or she has something important to say. Even though things between us are quite alright now, I still couldn't get rid of the thought that maybe some other time again, she might say goodbye to me. I couldn't let it leave my head. It makes me sad all the time it crosses my mind. I thought that we'll never be the same anymore. Maybe if I didn't tell her everything that night, I'm still the unhappy asshole who parties all night and crying over every wasted moments with words left unsaid.

After another minute, pink hair tips caught my attention. I turned to look at the other side, and there she was. I couldn't help but smile as she walk closer to me. She looked a bit different today, but it was nice. The smile on her face informed me that this is going to be another perfect time with her. She looked so happy, and I love seeing her like that. I just hope it's all real.

"Hi." I greeted with a smile.

"I like your shirt." She admitted with a smile. I looked down, feeling like I blushed. No Calum, it ain't manly dude.

"Let's go to the beach?" Kristen said, taking my hand.

I interlocked mine on hers as we started walking. I don't quite know what to say. The times we've been there ended up not really nice. I hate being pessimistic, but I just couldn't get rid of the thought that something bad is always going to happen when we're together at the beach. I love being in there, but for now I don't want to. I'm afraid that something might happen again. I couldn't bear the thought of losing her. I don't ever want that to happen anymore.

I remained quiet as we drive our way to the beach. I always glance at her, and I'm loving how she looks. She has this smile on her face and giddy mood that she couldn't seem to get rid of. She turned to look at me, making our gazes meet. She smiled sweetly at me, never failing to make fall in love all over and over again.

"You okay?" She asked, still smiling.

I turn look back at the road and smiled. "Yeah. Just- just really happy."

She started rummaging to my album collection of different bands. I have brought all of them, having the thought of Kristen enjoying listening to music while I drive. She took out The Summer Set's album and placed the CD on the player. I couldn't stop looking at her every minute.

"When I was a kid, I'll fly around and Peter would mention
Don't be afraid to die 'cause to die would be an awfully big adventure..."

I smiled at her choice of music. We're completely the same, like all the time. Sometimes I think maybe it's just coincidence, but I couldn't stop thinking that maybe this is all meant to be. We both like quite a lot of the same things in life, even though before, we fight a lot. It sounds so cheesy to say, but maybe, she's my other half. My better half.

"I love that song." I admitted, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel.

"This is my favorite too." She grinned and turn the volume up, then started rolling the car windows down.

I gasped lightly at the sight of everything that is happening. Music in the car turned up loud, car windows being rolled down, us singing along at our favorite song, and her eyes closed as she let the wind hit her face. I think I've seen all of this before. I suddenly felt a pang inside my chest. No, this couldn't be happening again. I bit my lip and held the steering wheel tightly. I'm trying not to think of anything bad, but I couldn't stop doing it. This couldn't be possible. Maybe fear is just taking over me. I need to stop thinking things and calm down.