Chapter 76: Him

I remember that day, when I bumped into someone at the hallways at school. It wasn't that special, in fact I wasn't in the mood to deal with anything or anyone that moment. I didn't know that right after that, my life would change. I never expected nor waited for things to come in my life just like that. I got settled with just letting the things come to my life and let them happen to me. That day, I didn't know it would all get to this. I didn't know it would all come this far.

I didn't know that even the last person you think you'd care about, would be the person who would change your life.

The very first time I fell in love and got my heart broken, I made a promise that I would never ever try again. I got scared, and I was terribly afraid to feel pain again. I fell too hard that made me so caught up with everything in my life that time, that I wasn't even aware that there chances that I would get hurt too. I was young, and dumb. I loved Madison so much, that I didn't even give myself a chance to love myself too. People say that time heal broken hearts, and I somehow made myself believe onto it. I was able to move on and forget completely about everything in my past, though pain remained inside my heart and I didn't let myself forget about the promise I made. I was badly hurt that made me so afraid to try and fall in love again. I did let things come to me and I just went with every flow, but I didn't dare to try. Maybe because I wasn't ready yet to afford another heartbreak.

But then one time, someone came into my life. That day she bumped into me, I didn't know things would get to this. I was fine with the fact that we're both living in our own different kind of worlds, with different kinds of people around us, and how we see everything differently. She hated me with passion, and I didn't really care about her. She go through all day carrying her own world without even letting anyone to get in, or even just see her. She builed up walls to cover her world up, and didn't let anyone to crack her open even just a bit. She's always hiding, and she was successful about it. No one ever sees her, even if her appearance is enough reason to make everyone notice her existence. I was one of those people who made her settled about not letting anyone see her, until fate decided to flip my wheel and brought me to her, or should I say, fate brought her to me.

I never really cared about Kristen before. Not even for once, nor even just for a bit. For the past four years of us going to the same school together and being at some same classes together, I never really gave even just a bit of a damn about her. I don't hate her nor tried to avoid her like what everyone else did, but I'm one of those typical assholes who really don't give a damn about the famous loser at school who gets bullied all the time. I've witnessed a lot of people playing pranks on her, and I would just walk straight past her without even taking time to look. I'm pretty much popular than I expected, and everyone likes me. I get all the respect more than I could ever manage to have, even all the things that I want in my life. People are scared of me for some reasons, probably having inside their minds that once they try to mess up with me, they'll get in trouble. No one had the guts to confront me, or just try to talk to me unless they belong to the same society I'm in. But Kristen isn't clearly one of them. She might be really different among almost everyone else at school, but she was never afraid of standing up for herself. That day I woke up and went to school, carrying my usual self and ready to face another day of me being the popular person I am. I didn't see it coming when we bumped into each other. I was annoyed for some reasons, because it wasn't like the usual thing that happens to me. When someone bumps into me, they would immediately say sorry. I was so used to that, that I was actually very sure that she would do the same thing. But surpringsingly, she didn't. She stood up with an annoyed look on her face, with her gray eyes glaring deathly at me. She didn't say anything, but she just stormed off and walked away, leaving me stuck on my tracks, and pretty much puzzled and confused for what happened. A week after, she came through my way again unexpectedly. That night at the coffee shop, I got shocked and stuck in total disbelief for what happened. She kissed me without even giving me the chance to think and realize what's bound to happen. I know nothing about her back then, except for the fact that she's the girl with the pink hair tips that I bumped into the school hallways a week ago. I hate it when drama and complications come to my life. But suprisingly, I got so curious about the whole situation, that made me kiss her back. And even though I know nothing about her that time, I knew that her kiss is always something that I would always long for.