Chapter 58: Her

"We need to talk."

I can feel my hands tremble as I walk my way to the park. I am trying my best to picture out how this conversation with Calum would turn out according to his text message. Finally, after a week, he decided to see me and talk to me. Right after reading his text message, I wasn't surprised how cold he sounded. I know he would be like that, and for some reasons I am finding myself somehow getting used to it. He stopped sending me sweet messages ever since the last time I saw him. Every single time that my phone would vibrate and notify me that he texted, the feeling of excitement that I always get whenever I see his name flashing in my phone screen had been replaced by an odd, weird feeling. I feel like if I open and check his text, I will only end up getting hurt. But I still check it though, no matter what. I know things had somehow changed between us, but I'm still hoping that all these things will get sorted out. And hopefully that day, is today.

I felt my heart pumping and beating uneven the moment my eyes landed on Calum. He was pacing back in forth in front of a bench, under a tree. He's wearing his usual skinny jeans that hugged his legs tightly, and a gray shirt with the NASA logo printed on it. He has a serious look on his face, his hands are on his pockets. He looked tired but still managed to look beautiful no matter what. I remained looking at him as I walk closer, letting a smile form on my lips.

I realized how excited I am to see him the moment I felt my heart flutter as I look at him. He never fails to make me fall in love over and over again, even only by his presence. I've missed him so much that I want to run up to him and hug him tight, and let myself feel hips warm lips again. I want to come up in front of him immediately and watch his lips form a smile while looking at me. I wanted to do all those, but then I remained walking slowly, taking all the remaining chances of looking at him like this. Thoughts started flooding back inside my head. Is he even excited to see me just like how I'm exactly feeling right now? Does he miss me too? Does he want to kiss me again? I looked down, letting all the thoughts to fly away. The only way to get my questions answered is by coming up to him already. I took a deep breath as I suddenly felt nervous. It's just him, I reminded myself. I need to calm down.

"Hi." I started saying with a smile, obviously getting him startled when his eyes widened at me. He didn't smile, nor did anything. He just stopped pacing back and forth and stood there, a few feet away from me. He looked away as I let my gaze meet his. The serious look remained stuck on his face as I walk closer at him.

I guess it's stating the obvious that he's not excited to see me.

"Why did you do that?" He started speaking flatly, making me confused and somehow, scared.

"Did what?" I asked, not even lying. I don't have any idea what he was asking. But by the way he's looking at me, I bet he's trying to make it look like I'm not telling the truth.

"Why did you slap Madison?" He exclaimed, his face getting a lot more serious than usual.

The moment her name slipped out of his mouth, a pang of jealousy immediately took its chance to take a shot on my heart. I expected that he would find out about this whole thing, but not this early. And by the way he's asking details about it, I could sense that he's on her side. Fully, and no doubt.

I swallowed hard, ignoring the imaginary big lump that had formed in my throat. "I only did that because I defended myself." I said blankly, looking down.

Calum ran a hand through his hair, frustration evident on his features. "Who gave you the right to hurt her? Kristen I don't underst-"

"You're completely stating everything in some kind of way that she didn't hurt me too!" I exclaimed, feeling the familiar feeling of anger rushing through my veins. "She slapped my face first after talking shit and I only defended myself because I know I have to!"