Chapter 20: Coming Together

Xavier's POV

"hello?" i say placing the phone up to my ear 

"Xavier oh thank god you need to bring yourself here now" Lola yells down the phone and my forehead crinkles "i don't know if you suddenly developed amnesia but your mum hates me" i say bitterly and she sighs heavily on the other side of the phone "not to mention i don't really think Rory is your mums biggest fan at the moment" i add.

"That's exactly why you can't tell Rory you need to bring her to the restaurant penny's pizza" she says and i can almost here her eye roll "woah back the truck up a second you want us to take them out in public together with me?" i ask my eyes widening this girl has a death wish I swear. "that is what i just said right?" she responds frustration seeping into her tone "listen mum wants to make it up to you guys she won't start an argument i promise" she pleads and i agree reluctantly even though i know this could possibly lead to a slow and painful death if Rory found out i was apart of it all along. 

As much as her mum drives me nuts I would hate for her to jeopardize the bond she so desperately wants all because of my selfishness. "Baby where are we going?" she asks giggling poking my side as i continue to drive towards the restaurant "oh you'll see" i say nervously my hands gripping the steering wheel tightly. we pull into the car park and she smiles at me "yum i was beginning to get hungry lets go" she urges jumping out and pulling me inside.

"What can i help you with sir?" the man behind the desk asks ogling Rory who is completely oblivious to his stares and staring innocently around the restaurant "you're talking to me buddy" I spit angrily the blood pulsing quickly through my veins as I clench my fist tightly ready to kill him if he stares at her one more time "of course um sir" he replies clearing his throat nervously as my grip on her waist tightens and she presses herself into me "we're here under Vitiello" i reply as he nods in realization before leading us to a secluded corner of the restaurant. 

"Lola!" Rory squeals out excitedly sitting next to her sister and puling her into a tight hug "hey Chris" she greets nodding at Chris who smiles tightly at her gripping onto Lola's hand. Nice to see i'm not the only nervous wreck. "aurora" a soft voice says from behind and the smile falls from rorys face her eyes narrowing and her whole body tensing "what have you come here to insult us some more?" she nsaps and her mum looks down to the floor as my dad supports her soothingly a hand on her back. "Rory" Lola warns and she sighs before relaxing back and they both sit down at the table.

After several moments of awkward tension Karly clears her throat "Listen rory I know i over reacted when I found out i was indescribably cruel ad unfair but I just didn't want to lose you like I did your father" she begins and I notice Rory's features begin to soften at the mention of her father "no mum its fine we should've been straight with you from the start i realise its not practical but--" her mum cuts her off shaking her head 

"No honey my reaction wasn't practical it's stupid to push you apart I would just lose you and I really don't want to lose you please forgive me" she begs tears beginning to spurt down her face the next thing I know Rory's tight grip disappears from my hand and she walks round the table to hug her mum who cradles her closely whispering apologies in her ear. 

We spent the rest of the day laughing and joking like a real family "but seriously Xav if you so much as harm a hair on her head I will personally kill you I may be your dad but she doesn't deserve that shit" Dad announces and I laugh before faking hurt

"oh dad your words wound me i would never dream of hurting my princess" I say truthfully kissing her head and Chris gags as Lola pushes his arm "hey you can talk Chrissy" I tease and he glares at me playfully "yeah yeah" he dismisses making us all laugh. 

"Thank you" Rory says hugging me tightly as we lay on her bed watching a film 

"what for baby?" I ask and she smiles at me
"for helping everything with my mum I really do love you" she says and I smile down at her thinking about how before i couldn't even the stand the word girlfriend and now I wouldn't want anything else. 
"I love you too baby with my whole heart" I admit before swooping down and kissing her hard to which she returns completing me fully. 

-------------------------------

Hey guys sorry this Chapter was a bit shorter than the others but this most definitely isn't the end just yet but we're not far off:( Any who this is just to say thank you , thank you, thank you for reading and don't forget to vote or comment :) Also I have some exciting twists coming up soon as well as a sequel maybe comment your thoughts. 

That's all folks xoxo