Chapter 15: Overcoming Fear

Xavier's POV

Her eyes widen at my declaration and I feel my own body struggling and gasping for air as I agree to the one thing I solemnly vowed against ever since Vanessa. It's like watching a car crash take place in slow motion right in front of my eyes except the outcome is going to be so much better. Hopefully. 

She scoffs at me before muttering a 'yeah right' and turning back round but I grab her arm and pull her closer to me so her body is pressed up against mine "I'm serious" I say truthfully my body warming up to the idea of her being mine and only mine. She searches my face before grinning genuinely "wow i never though i'd see the day the great Xavier overcame his mighty fear" she says teasingly and I laugh fully as does she before her face contorts into a look of confusion "what about everyone else- I mean I don't think everyone will be so supportive especially my mum" she admits fiddling with the hem of my shirt and I clutch her tighter "to hell with them you've got me" I murmur into her hair and she smiles at me before pressing a kiss onto my lips apparently I've said the right thing.

***

Rory's POV

Three weeks later

I smile up innocently at a fuming Xavier "you" he yells pointing at me and I look at him sweetly before setting book down on the coffee table "yes?" i reply nonchalantly he sneers at me before collapsing on the sofa beside me "ate all my skittles" he pouts grumpily and I smile happily at him before begging for forgiveness playfully but he turns his head away every time I go to kiss him. So i swoop in and gently nibble on his earlobe before letting go and before long he slams his lips onto mine with full force and climbs on top of my body. He nudges my legs apart and rests his lower body in between them and folds his fingers through the hair at the back of my head the other securely clamped onto my hip.

"Ugh get a room" Dante jokes and Violet squeals as she sees us "I am so excited you guys are actually dating" she admits and I giggle before agreeing with her as Xavier makes no effort to move himself from our position. "I know, I know i'm pretty awesome" Xavier boasts and I roll my eyes "nah I just said yes to save you the embarrassment" I tease and he glares at me playfully before dipping his head and encasing my lips with his. I hear a disgusted groan but it's soon silenced and after we break apart we notice Violet and Dante in an equally passionate embrace. 

Dante pulls away and smirks slightly realizing that we've finally stopped "alright let's get this show on the road love birds" he says and begins arguing with Xavier about how intimate we are and we've been dating for three whole weeks yet he still can't be prised apart from me. However Xavier hits him back with the Violet card and they've been dating for way longer.

Xavier's mum comes out from the large apartment and hugs Xavier and then me which comes as a big surprise but I eventually hug her back "sorry i'm a hugger" she admits sheepishly and I can't help but giggle at my first encounter with Xavier and of course I tell her this as she gives me a questioning glance and Xavier groans burying his face in his hands "I like this girl X you've done good" his mum says and I grin at her "thank you miss--" but she waves me off "call me Melanie darling" before pulling out some large photo albums and Xavier groans muttering something along the lines of 'kill me now'. 

After many hours of embarrassing stories and photos with Xavier as the lead role we finally stand up to leave and it's then that I notice just how close he is to his mum. His mum is a beautiful woman who can't be too old herself she too has dark wavy hair and large dark eyes much like Xavier. After leaving her company and promising her to come back any time to see her and knowing we had her full support I begin the teasing on Xavier who huffs grumpily but places his hands on my waist and tucks me securely into his side.

Lola's POV

Sighing heavily I finally give up the desperate search for the most beautiful shoes i've ever seen and I leave the shopping center walking down the narrow roads. I know for a fact this is the side of town Xavier comes from but i'm not here for that I simply came here for those shoes. If i'm being truthfully honest I could careless about my stepbrother what I did care about was he seemed more engaged with Rory than anyone else and at that I had a huge surge of jealousy surge through me because he's a hunk but he's decided to go for her just as they all do. Which is one of the only reasons I make myself perfect and i'm horrible to her I don't hate her by any means quite far from that actually.

I'm pulled from my thoughts as I see Xavier walking down the road opposite laughing and joking with the girl tucked under his arm. He moves to the side and I notice the familiar flash of green from the eyes that belong to none other than my sister. I smile slightly at the sight of her joking with Xavier as she jumps trying to grab something he's holding out of her reach. Then I notice the look he gives her as she reaches the thing and he smiles proudly at her before hugging her closer and pressing a kiss to her forehead bruising the messy curls from her face.

The look he has in his eyes every time he's around her is undeniable. It's a look of love and admiration one I could only ever dream of receiving from someone. Even the desperate, horny boys at school all pine after Rory she's forbidden fruit and beautiful at that too. The jealous hatred pulsates through me as I stare in anger how is she allowed to be happy when i'm so miserable she doesn't deserve anyone like Xavier not after dad. I furrow my eyebrows before running off ensuring she doesn't see me at all but one thing's for sure I have to put an end to this once and for all.