Chapter 12: Mistakes

Xavier's POV

I pace the gravel pathway my head pounding how can i be so stupid? I run my fingers through my already messy hair, the rain seeping through my clothes making them stick to my body and my hair. I should've seen she was hurting, i should've been there to hold her instead i was getting angry over her ditching me and turning up in search of that blonde prick. 

In all honesty a surge of happiness ran through me as soon as i saw him and Lola sucking face that meant he wasn't interested in my Rory and even if he was she'd never date him now. Not after he's been with her sister and is looking for sloppy seconds. Oh fuck, i just said my Rory and the twisted part of my mind likes that. OK all of my mind enjoys that Jesus i guess it won't be long until i make her mine.

I remember back to Dante's warning but my conscience rules it out. it doesn't matter she's nothing like Vanessa was and that's the beauty of it. Another thing is if I have to go on with her as nothing more than a stepsister and watch her flirt with all the guys i'd probably be in prison or a mental facility. 

I run back down the road checking everywhere under the cars, behind the bushes and tree's everywhere. She has to be safe i'd never forgive myself if she wasn't. Heck i'm barely forgiving myself for speaking to her like that but the truth is i got angry and jealous when i saw her angelic face in front of me. All i could think off was how she deserved better than me but I can't seem to let her go and the fact she ditched me. I couldn't deal with the fact that she doesn't want anything to do with me. Well if she didn't before she definitely won't now. 

After searching everywhere I could think off and still have no sign off her I draw my arm back and punch a wall nearby in anger with myself. I wasn't only angry with her but I am with myself for letting her in and allowing my walls to slowly erode. As I lean my head against the rough, cold surface of the bricks and with a sudden thought I grab my phone from my back pocket and call the only person who can help me with this. "Hello?" a groggy violet speaks up and i hear a tired Dante complain about something. 

"Vi I need your help" i say and she suddenly begins to go into panic mode asking me a dozen times if i'm alright and if I need them to come get me. "no i'm fine it's just--" Dante cuts me off with a groan "well if you're fine why the hell would you wake us up at two in the morning?"

"Listen it's Rory" i begin but Violet cuts me off this time 

"oh i like that girl i swear if you've done something to hurt her i'll--" i cut her off with a large sigh and she goes silent "I said a few things i'm not proud off and she began crying and ran off now I don't know what the hell to do?" i admit pushing my bloody knuckles through my drenched hair. "I am going to kill you" she says before continuing "how bad was the things you said to her?" i bite my lip anxiously thinking back and repeat the whole argument to a very irritated Violet "well you're a douche it's official" she admits and i groan rolling my eyes "tell me where to find her and what to say" i demand and she chuckles lightly "just go home she'll be there and the rest is up to you good luck and don't forget to bring her up to see me again soon" she says before hanging up.

I clench my fist so many unanswered questions buzzing through my mind but i reluctantly trudge back to the party to retrieve my bike. After parking up in the driveway i enter the dark house and softly climb the stairs going to my room and changing into a pair of sweatpants and I throw my top off before walking to her room. I pause outside the room saying a silent prayer for her to be there safe and sound tucked up in bed after gently pushing the door open I scan it and find her curled up in bed the covers thrown to the other end. 

My heart breaks a little as i watch her hug her knees to her chest and hear the gentle sobs resonate throughout the room. I walk over to the bed and lie down next to her feeling her back immediately stiffen up as i scoot closer to her and pull her small frame to my body. Her back hits my chest and I wrap both arms around her waist as she slowly relaxes melting into my body. I love how holding her feels and I momentarily wish for this to never end "Aurora?" I ask wondering whether i'll get a response after a long pause she answers a weak "yeah?".

"You know what I said was a lie and i'm not just saying that from pity it really was shit because I was jealous can you believe that. I just hated the fact you seemingly preferred him over me" I admit and she shifts slightly "you were the one ignoring me" she whispers and the vulnerability and hurt in her voice  makes me fell like shit "that's because i was afraid of getting hurt again but i know you're not like that" i say truthfully and she doesn't respond only snuggles closer into my back so i turn her round to face me and the sight of her tear stained face makes me want to punch something. 

She stares in confusion and worry at my bruising knuckles but I assure her it was nothing to worry about and she nods simply holding onto it and gently kissing them as I sweep the hair from her face and then place it back onto her petite waist. Her eyelids flutter shut and i sigh lightly "I'm sorry" i mumble to her sleeping form resting my head on her head as she nuzzles into the crook of my neck. Closing my eyes I hold her tightly "Xavier?" she mumbles 

"hmm?" i respond thinking she's sleeping "I forgive you" and those words are the ones that make the last of my stone walls come crumbling down.