Chapter ThirtyThree

Riker POV

"What are you still doing up ? It's late." Dad asked walking into the kitchen. Have you ever needed sleep so bad that you feel some kind of physical pain but you can't go to sleep because there's a storm going on inside your head ?

"Not going to answer me, does Rikey want to play the guessing game ?" Dad asked making me groan at the stupid name I got all thanks to Lea, don't ask because I don't know.

"Just thinking about things." I said, Dad turned around and looked at me with a raised eyebrow "okay I believe you, just don't stay up too late, tomorrow we're trying suits on for the wedding and then we're all going out for a meal." Dad said grabbing a water bottle.

"Hey Dad, can I ask you something ?" I asked making Dad nod as he leaned against the kitchen door.

We actually have two doors in the kitchen, 1 leads to the living room and the other leads to the dining room, an arch connects the living room and the dining room and the kitchen and the dining room are connected my double doors.

"How did you manage when Mom was pregnant ? How do you do a Dad ?" I asked making him laugh as he sat down.

"You thinking about that baby ? That's what's keeping you up ?" Dad asked making me nod.

I'm happy I'm going to be a Dad and I get to be there for Lea and I get to go through everything with her but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking the fuck out, I'm scared as shit, I've nervous and I know it's not easy for Lea, I'm trying to play it cool and everything but I'm struggling to keep my cool you know ?

"You want my advice ?" Dad asked.

"No I just thought we could stare at each other until the other one blinks, yes I want your advice ! I need it more than I want it." I said sarcastically.

"You're really sarcastic when you're tired aren't you ?" Dad asked making me nod, sometimes I'm proud of sometimes I'm not.

"Look Riker, being a Dad is mixed emotion job, it's rewarding, it's tiring, it's stressful, it's aggravating, it's special, it's amazing all of these things rolled into one. Me and your Mom argued but we cooled off talked about it and made up, you may have to wait a couple of months for the make-up sex to starting kicking back into action but you and Lea will be fine, I'm not saying it's going to be easy because it won't be, you just have to learn how to balance things. Don't listen to what anyone says, if someone questions why you're doing that and why your child is doing that ignore them because you have to bring that child up how you want, obviously as long as you and Lea can come to an agreement, your life will be as easy as it can be, just don't let her go this time." Dad said making me nod.

Wasn't planning on it. I know it's stupid we waited 25 years for it to happen but maybe that's a good thing, maybe we had to experience what it felt like to be with the wrong people because it made us realise even more who the right person was and we were stood in front of each other the whole time.

"No matter what happens, I'll always be proud of you." Dad said putting his hand on my shoulder as he stood up.

"Thanks for the advice." I said making him laugh as he walked out and went upstairs to bed.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time and what Pops said is always playing on my mind.

The future is unpredictable, I can't tell you exactly what's going to happen tomorrow but I know the basics, I could get hit by a car for all I know.

"You were the cutest kid ever." Lea said making me give her a question look. She laughed and pointed behind my head.

Rydel was dressed as woody, I was dressed as buzz and Lea was dressed as Jessie. Growing up with your best friend is the best childhood you could ever have, sure our relationship may be confusing to explain because Rydel and the others call Lea sister and stuff like that but as long as we're happy that's all that matters.

"You weren't joking when you said I looked like I was about to murder someone." I said laughing.

I'll admit growing up I just had that type of cute and innocent face until I smiled and then I became the kid everyone thought would turn out to kill people but they got the wrong blonde, Ross killed people. Not actually but his in a movie called My Friend Dahmer, check it out !

"No I was not, it was kind of worrying like now I look back at pictures and think there's a darker side to him that even I'm scared to see and I haven't seen it yet." Lea said grabbing my hands and pulled me out of the chair.

"Are you scared of me ?" I asked.

The way she said kinda sounded like she was afraid of me, I know I have a temper and I know sometimes when I have a temper I can throw things but I've never purposely done it at someone, I just punch things.

"No, I didn't mean I'm scared of you I was just saying sometimes I feel as if there's a scarier and darker side to you that I'm sure I will see." Lea said putting her freezing cold hands under my hoodie making me freeze.

"Your hands are too cold and don't worry that side has and never will exist." I said kissing her forehead.

For me the best feeling in the world is when I kiss her and I can feel her smile or if I hug her she hugs me back like it's the last time she'll hug me or when she knows I'm watching her and she just looks at me and smiles.

"Do you ever think about what Pops said to you ?" Lea asked making me laugh "yeah, why ?"

"I was just thinking about it for some reason and I know we're both just waiting for something to happen but you know what ?"

"What ?" I asked.

"The future is unpredictable and life is unpredictable so you just have to hope for the best and enjoy it while it lasts." Lea said laughing as she grabbed my hands "you think you'll make it upstairs without passing out ?"

"Do you want the truth or what I want to happen ?" I asked laughing.

I'm being serious I am so tired I'm finding it hard to work my body normally, it's amazing, this baby isn't even born yet and I'm losing sleep, I feel so bad for Lea.

"Which one ends up with you on the floor ?" Lea asked.

"Truth." I smiled.

"Then I think it's time we both get some sleep, Rydel's got me trying on stupid dresses which I think is stupid because I don't know what my fucking weight will be, you do know I'm properly going to dislike you for awhile, maybe from about 7 months on wards." Lea said as we walked upstairs, I can live with that.

I love wedding but hate all the crazy stuff before hand 🙄