Chapter Twentyone

Lea POV

"Mom !" I shouted walking into the kitchen holding a dozen roses, the rose in the center being fake. Some random guy knocked on the door and handed me them, didn't know how to react if I'm honest.

"Happy 29th Anniversary baby." Dad said kissing Mom, Sarah and I looked at each other and pretended to be sick, I can't believe my parents have been married 29 years, It's kind o Sue's fault, Mom found out she was pregnant and my Grandma, bless her soul, gave Mom two choices, get married or get rid of the baby.

"So Mom got Dad any thing nice this year ?" Sarah asked, Mom laughed awkwardly and nodded "I have actually and it's upstairs." Mom said walking upstairs.

Dad laughed and put his arms around me and Sarah "Sarah, Rydel, I want you to take Mom's out for the day, to the beach to the spa anywhere that keeps Gwen away from the house. Boys, I want you guys to plan a surprise party, Sue and some of the other's are coming over so one of you will have to go get them, as for you, my annoying pain in the ass." I smiled and nodded "me and you are gonna have a little talk." 

"out of eight kids, you choose me ?" I asked, Dad laughed and nodded "well we're coming up with a plan okay, so boys remember party, go out however you want also, Riker you remember that thing we talked about this morning ?"  

"we may fuck shit up but we know how to throw a party." Ryland said smirking, Dad and I walked outside while the others went up stairs and got ready, I love how much my Dad loves scaring the shit out of my Mom.

I sat down at the glass table and sighed, I know what this is going to be about, I heard the argument last night, remember ? Riker and I were outside and hid around the corner. Dad smiled and sat opposite me.

"Lea can I ask you something and I want you to be completely truthful with me." Dad started off, waiting for my reaction, I nodded mouthing Okay "If you really love Riker, why are you still thinking about going home, to Manhattan ?" Dad asked.

That is a excellent question, I have asked myself that a thousand times, Why ? "Before I ask let me switch it up, Why does it have to be my best friend ? Why him ? Why did it have to be Riker ? There are 7 billion people in the world and out of that 7 billion I end up with my best friend." 

Dad laughed and shrugged "You're obviously not getting my hint here, Lea you go back to Manhattan and I promise you, that will be the final push for Riker, he will go you know what ? Fuck it and Fuck Lea. We keep telling you that you two have been in love all your lives because for some stupid reason we think it'll keep you guys together forever, Riker is hooked on you okay ? you're his drug, you're the one thing his addicted too, His eyes change so much when he looks at you, he could be in the worst mood possible and he'll see you and his eyes just light up and he looks at you with so much love, Lea his scared, his scared his going to lose you, his scared his going to lose Greg, his scared of everything because his afraid you'll turn this into some kind of summer romance and then go back to Manhattan  and everything will be forgotten about, you go back there you're not only making the biggest mistake of your life, you're screwing his and Greg's up. That kid isn't the same kid I first met and it's because his with his family, his where he should be." 

Don't they realize that I'm afraid too ? I'm scared of what's going to happen especially with this baby thing, Yes I want more kids but if it mean's I'm risking my life and letting that child grow up without a mother then No, I won't do it and as my friend said It would take a miracle for me to get pregnant. I'm scared Riker's going to realize maybe being a Dad isn't his thing. Greg already thinks the world of him and I don't want to screw things up but deep down this baby thing it's not going to happen and that's going to hurt Riker.

"Does this have to do with him wanting a baby ?" Dad asked making me nod.

"When I had the miscarriage, I asked my friend if she could run some tests to see why and when she did, the results weren't exactly a magical rainbow, When I had Greg, I got really ill and just after I gave birth, my body went into shock and my heart started to fail and they saved me, my friend said I wouldn't be able to get pregnant, it would take a miracle for me to get pregnant and even if I did, the baby would make it and I wouldn't she said the strain of the whole thing would be too much for my heart to handle, Dad I love Riker so so much but this baby thing, it'll ruin every thing." I sighed.

Dad nodded and moved chairs, sitting down next to me "Why don't you do this, you and Riker try for four months, that way it's up until your birthday's if nothing happens you stop, because you wanna know a secret ?"

"What ?" I whined, wanting this conversation to be over as quickly as possible, I love my Dad honestly I do but sometimes he can be a bit full on, for example getting involved with his daughter's relationships.

"Your Mom nearly died having Sue and we made a promise that was that but we had you, they told us the same exact thing, said we were crazy, it was too dangerous but your Mom went through it without a single problem, sometimes Lea in life, you have to forget what has been said and done in the past to get to your future, so I want you to promise me three things." Dad said making me roll my eyes and head back.

Why do parent's make us promise things so much ? maybe I don't want to make that promise, maybe I don't agree with it. Parents know best but in reality we don't we copy off of each other, we see one parent doing something and it doesn't work on their kid so you try it on yours. The problem with parents is they don't listen enough, they don't let their kids take charge, they don't let their kids have a say on anything.

"1. You don't give up on the idea of a baby because you might be surprised. 2. You stop being a little bitch about things, Riker loves you, You love him, Greg loves the both of you, there your life is now sorted and complete. and last promise I want you to make is for your Mom, the best anniversary gift she ever gave me was my beautiful children okay, so here's what I want you to do." Dad said and we started our plan.

Okay guys I'm so so sorry for the late update, it's nearly midnight and I still have a few updates to do any how PLEASE PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORY; R5 ARE MY BABYSITTERS. I'm not quite sure who's fanfic it will be, I'm still deciding so it's going to be a little bit of every Lynch boy. ENJOY !! P.s STAY AWESOME.