Chapter Fortytwo

Mark POV

"Most people go to the bar when they're mad." I said walking into the gym part of R5 World or what ever they've chose to call it, they change their minds every five minutes.

Riker looked at me and went back to punch the bag, Lea wasn't herself today and that worried Riker a lot, every time she went to the bathroom or to go get a drink he went to stand up, we've been pushing him back all day, his really protective over her and the baby, Lea went into a hiccuping fit last night and Riker freaked, but tonight could quite possibly be one of the worst arguments they've had.

"I'm not mad, I'm just letting off some steam you know, getting it out of my system." Riker said getting one step closer to a mental break down.

"We both know where that road goes." I said, Riker looked at me and sighed stopping the punch bag.

"Everything goes perfectly for a while and then something comes and rips it down." Riker said making me laugh.

"That's what relationships are Riker, if everything in life was easy it would be boring, you need that thing that keeps you going and going and the only people who can rip it down are you and Lea, I know things aren't exactly perfect for you guys with Lea being pregnant, you're going to want to kill each other, having kids is stressful, when your Mom said she was pregnant with you I freaked out, Max relaxed me a bit and then I started freaking out, believe me Riker there were so many times I thought about turning my back and never coming back." I said as he sat down.

"Then why didn't you ?" Riker asked.

I laughed and sat down next to him "because I knew at the end of it, I would get you. Pregnancies they're not easy, you got the; mood swings, planning things, arguments, what do you want to call the baby, it's all hard work but when you get to see that baby for the first time every argument, every word you never meant it's all worth it. There could be 99 good enough reasons to make you walk but you have got to find that 1 thing that out weighs everything else..why is your Mom calling at this time ?" I asked.

Riker looked at me and shrugged, you could just see the sarcasm over his face.

"I'd answer it if you want your balls attached to your body, I didn't answer her call once and she nearly killed me when I rang her back five minutes later." Riker said making me laugh as I answered her call "she's your Mom that's her job."

"What's my job ?" Stormie asked.

"Killing your children if they don't answer your call." Riker said laughing "oh so now his alive ? Maybe you could of answered your phone."

"Mom my phones in the car, I'm a big boy now you don't have to worry I'm dead somewhere." Riker said rolling his eyes, I looked at him and pretended to slice my throat.

"I am your Mom, it is my job to worry, no mat-"

"Honey you're scaring him, his fine we're just talking about things, I can handle th-"

"I'm not ringing you about Riker, I am but I'm not, Greg's missing, we thought he went to bed when Riker walked outside, Lea went up to check on him and his not there, we've check the house, Max and Ellington are in the boat, I'm driving around with Gwen. We're all driving around looking for hi-"

Before Stormie could even finish the sentence Riker sprinted out that gym nearly running into the table as he went past.

"We'll go out looking for him, start a group call and we'll keep everyone together." I said following Riker outside hanging up the call.

"Hold up a second, we're going to do a group call alright, that way we know where everyone is and we're not searching the same places." I said making Riker nod.

Riker POV

Tonight couldn't get any worse, first I argue with Lea which you know wasn't exactly helped with Sarah getting involved and now Greg is missing.

"Maybe his gone to McDonalds." Ross said making us all groan, his going to McDonalds.

"He couldn't of gone far." Sarah said.

"It's been a couple of hours, do you hav-"

"Found him !" I said pulling into a parking lot, not even bothering to turn off my engine I got out.

"Greg what the hell are you doing out here ?!" I asked as he ran up to me, he looked at me and shrugged.

"Do you have any idea what's gone on with us trying to find you ? Are you okay ? How did you even get out here ?" I asked crouching down to his level.

"I was in your car, I thought you and Mom were going to start screaming and shouting at each other so I hid but then we stopped and you didn't come back so I went looking for you, I didn't want you to leave." Greg said.

I laughed shaking my head and crouched down to his level "I wasn't leaving, sometimes I just get a little angry or upset and I need to think about things, I promise you I'm not leaving now give me a hug." I said making him laugh as he hugged me, I groaned and stood up with him clinging to me like a monkey.

"Don't you ever do that again okay ? We were worried something bad had happened, you can't just walk the streets at night alone especially at your age, there's nasty people out here, if something happened to you I don't know what I'd do." I said.

"What's that supposed to mean ?" Greg asked.

"It means if something happened to you I'd be sad about it, you're my son alright and as your Dad it's my job to protect you and your Mom, I gotta make sure my family is safe which means no more running off, deal ?" I asked putting him in the passenger side of the car.

"Not my fault you didn't tell me where you were going." Greg said innocently.

"I didn't know you were in the car, but if I was you I'd breathe as much as you can before you're squashed to death, your Mom won't let go of you now, you sure you're okay ?" I asked getting in.

Greg shook his head and looked up at me doing the same exact puppy dog eyes I used to pull "ic-"

"I'm not getting you any ice cream." I said making him pout, properly because knowing Ross his gone and bought the whole entire menu.

"Hey Mom." Greg said answer the group conversation.

"Greg where are you ?!" Lea asked.

"In a car." Greg said making me laugh.

"It's alright I found him, we'll meet you guys back at the house." I said ending the call, Greg sighed and started looking around.

"Does it hurt ?" Greg asked as I pulled out of the parking lot "does what hurt ?"

"Arguing with Mom, you always go away for a couple of hours and you always look like you're about to cry." Greg said making me nod "yeah, it hurts a lot."

I updated ☺️ I hope you guys enjoy these little Father and Son moments because I think those moments are important.