Chapter Fortysix

Lea POV

I groaned and sat up, looking around the room...Riker's room. I lifted up the covers making Riker laugh as he walked out of the bathroom with a glass of water "don't worry we didn't have sex, drink this."

"Thanks." I said taking the glass out of his hand "did anything happen last night....bet-between us ?" I asked taking the tablets on the side of the table.

"We argued after I tried getting to upstairs without falling and killing the baby and your response was who cares ? I'm not keeping it and then I found out it wasn't the first time you said that last night." Riker said opening the balcony doors, letting some fresh air in the room.

"Then why are you being nice to me ?" I asked quietly, Riker looked at me and laughed "why Lea ? Because I'm in love with you okay and I'm sorry I can't make myself act like a fucking asshole towards you, I don't have the mental ability to do that, I'm sorry I'm not like the usual guys you go after."

"That wasn't what I meant, non of this would of happened if you hadn't over reacted, if you would of fucking believed me when I said I didn't know what made me walk out we wouldn't even be in this situation, we would still be together, now I just have a best friend who I don't talk t-"

"No, you don't have a best friend." Riker said shaking his head, I laughed and looked at him confused "well you're stood right there aren't you ?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Lea but I'm done with everything, people always say don't date your best friend because once you break up things change and I didn't believe those people because it was you but now, now I understand it, I'm sorry I just can't do it, dating was a mistake and I don't mean you were a mistake because you weren't but us ever thinking dating was a good idea was a mistake, it's messed everything up, you were my best friend since I was born, we leaned on each other when we needed to, now we can't even have a conversation without arguing." Riker said making me nod.

"This is it isn't it ?" I asked, Riker sighed putting his hands in his pockets and nodded "yeah."

"Can you just promise me one thing ?" I asked.

"I'll always be there for Greg but you have to promise me something in return." Riker said.

No getting back with Liam ? No making out with any other guys ? Relationship rules when we're not in a relationship....I'm joking, I wouldn't even want to get back with Liam and I wouldn't kiss another guy.

"You think about keeping her, Greg's excited to be a big brother...his already got enough going on with us, getting an abortion could be that one thing that drives him to go mute again." Riker said.

I nodded "I'll think about it."

"Yo dude Dad wants y-you two fuck ? Yes-"

"Rocky nothing happened." Riker said shaking his head as he walked out, Rocky looked at me and sighed sitting down on the bed "what really happened ?"

"Nothing last night but this morning everything officially ended, our relationship, our friendship...guess things will start changing again." I said, Rocky laughed and put his arm around me "things can change but don't go back to Manhattan just yet, we're still a family."

Rocky POV

Lea laughed shaking her head "we'll always be a family."

I nodded and hugged her once more before walking downstairs and out to the van, we came clean to Mom's and Dad's about what happened and Dad's suggested that all of us boys go to the rink and you know get in some practice and just relax a bit.

"You alright ?" Max asked looking back at Riker, he nodded and carried on biting his pinky finger like he used to when we were kids.

"You sure ? You don't look alright to me." Ross said, Ryland and I looked at him shaking our heads, one rule about Riker when his feelings lots of different emotions at the same time, DO NOT under any circumstances question him twice.

"Yeah, I don't want to talk about it." Riker said looking down at his phone, I looked at him and weakly smiled putting my fist out "you know you want too."

"Rocky stop annoying him because if he hits you, it's your own fault." Dad said making me and Riker laugh.

"He hit me !" I lied pretending to be in pain.

"No he didn't." Greg said popping up from nowhere scaring all of us, mainly Riker though.

"Stop climbing into people's cars and not telling them." Riker said covering his heart.

"This is a van." Greg said innocently, we all burst out laughing, even though Riker is clearly hurting Greg has found his own way to cheer him up, it's just like Lea saying smartass things or doing funny things, she wouldn't stop until she saw Riker smile and that's what friendship is being an idiot because you love that person.

"No one likes a smartass." Riker said smiling.

"Is that why you don't have any friends ?" Greg asked.

"Hey Max can we stop for some ice because Riker just got a third degree burn." Ryland said laughing, nearly getting a kick in the face.

"He has plenty of lady friends." Ross said wiggling his eyebrows "maybe he sh-"

"Ross don't even suggest a rebound, he won't do it, why do you think him and Sarah didn't ?" Dad said, you just saw the life drain out of Riker.

"Did you have sex with Aunty Sarah ?" Greg asked.

"What did we talk about ?" Riker asked.

"You said I couldn't talk about it in front of Mom, Mom isn't here and if you're not guilty why aren't you answering my question ?" Greg asked.

Looks like we're going to have a investigator in the family, his 8 years old with a mind of a 30 year old, that isn't normal, his grown up for his age but still has his moments.

"I think we're going to need more then ice, Riker you're being torn apart by a kid." Dad said laughing.

"1. Stop being a smartass, 2. New rule, don't talk about that stuff at all, 3.I'm not telling you if I did or did not have sex with Sarah but no I didn't, you guys were pressuring me and I couldn't make myself do it." Riker said, Greg looked at him and shook his head sighing.

My pressuring he means we were telling him to go to Manhattan, he did but he never got far enough.

"What about Hailee ?" Max asked, I like that way this involves both of his daughters having sex and his cool with us openly talking about it.

"It was easy because I in a sense hadn't broken up with her but it doesn't mean I didn't feel guilty about it, why do I feel guilty ?" Riker asked.

"Because you love her, you were using Hailee, you thought by sleeping with her everything with Lea would go away but it doesn't, it only makes you realise how much she means to you." Dad said making Riker sigh.

"That got my far."

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter 🤘do you think I can get 1000 reads by the time chapter 50 is up ?