Special Chapter: Twelve Years Later

(A/N:
"No more surprise chapters"??? Nah that's unlike me :)
What's up you guys! It's been so long since I concerned myself with this story, but all this time I've watched it grow bigger and bigger in my notifications and now it's the second most popular yatori fanfiction on Wattpad, with more than 60k views!! I can't thank you guys enough!
So as a small present to show my gratitude and to remember my fanfiction writing days (more than 2 years ago), here's a little sequel!

This will follow how things have turned out for the Yatori family twelve years after the 3-chapter sequel.

That's enough for an intro. I wonder how many of you will see the update?.. Enjoy!)

-

If you had asked me fifteen years ago what my life would be like in the future, I would've told you I won't be alive to see those days.

But, here I am. Sitting in the living room of my own house, reading a book about different dimensions —I never would have expected to be in one of them. My husband, a God of Calamity Yato, is in the kitchen trying to decide what to eat, and my daughter Hitomi, almost fourteen now, is still quietly sleeping upstairs in her room.

"MOOOOOMMM!"

Or not.

"Where is my jacket?!?" she asked moderately panicked, while running down the stairs.

"I'm pretty sure it's where you left it", I joked, since Hitomi always loses her stuff and expects me to magically know where they are.

"I don't have time for this mom, I'll be late for school!" She noticed the jacket on a chair in the hallway separating the kitchen from the living room. "Geez... Wouldn't mind to actually concern yourselves with me every now and then." She took the jacket and wore it, quickly brushed her dark brown hair with a hairbrush sitting near her and ran out the door without another word.

"What was that about?" Yato asked, walking towards me.

"I have no idea" I replied, leaving my book on the table in front of me. "I would say teenage hormones but, having been there, that would be wrong."

Yato laughed, before sitting next to me. "This may turn out like your case, and if we're not observative we'll never find out. This is an important part of Hitomi's life, and we should help her through it."

"You're right", I agreed, indulging myself to his short lasting but pleasant kiss. "Who would've thought my life would turn out this way..." I got comfortable in Yato's chest, and he started running his fingers through my hair.

"I couldn't ask for anything better", Yato said with an upturn in his voice, his icy blue eyes looking deep into mine, a warm smile spread on his face. "You and Hitomi are my everything."

I returned the smile. "It's been so many years, I'm thirty two now. It feels like yesterday when you proposed to me, when I met Hiromu, when I was so close to the end but you stopped me every time. I still can't believe that I could've missed all this. Thank you, Yato." His smile got brighter, before gifting me with another kiss, full of passion and love.

-

(Hitomi's POV)

"Iki Hitomi."

The deep, raspy voice made every inch of my body shiver once it rang into my ears. I turned around.

"What do you want?"