Chapter 21

"Hiyori, I'm off!" Mom's voice coming from downstairs woke me up immediately. I half opened my eyes and replied "okay" as loudly as I could, but it still came out weak.I quickly remembered Yato was here, and I took my hair away from my face, just to make sure the door is locked. After I confirmed that, I stretched a little and turned to Yato, who was sleeping next to me. He looked so peaceful and cute while sleeping. He had his right hand on his chest, and his left leg on my right one. His hair was messy, covering his eyes slightly, as he also started stretching and slowly opened his eyes, looking at me with a smile on his face. I smiled back.

"Morning" he mumbled with a weak voice, and gently touched my cheek with his hand. His eyes were shining full of happiness.

"Good morning" I replied.

"That was fun, wasn't it?" he said cheerfully while getting up, revealing his naked  upper body that was hiding under the sheets, and crossing his legs on the bed, stretching once again.

"Yeah but very risky. You're lucky mom didn't come here to tell me she's leaving", I answered, as I got up covering myself with the shirt I had left next to me, and throwing his pants to his face. He wore it while laughing and walked towards me, giving me a soft kiss on the lips.

"So, what are we doing today?" he said while leaning on my desk, watching me put on clothes.

"Hiyori?" the voice echoed, reaching the top floor.

'What the hell, mom came back?! '

We looked at each other surprised and completely frozen.

"Get out, quickly! ", I told Yato, while pointing at the window on my side. I heard her trying to open the door. Thank God I had locked it. "Hiyori why did you lock? Open up" she said, as she started knocking on it.

"Just a second, I'm getting dressed!" I looked over at Yato who was now wearing his shirt.

"Hurry!" I whispered to him, as I pushed him towards the window.

"Come to Kofuku's later okay?"

"Okay okay just go, get out!" I pushed him out, and sighed when he finally left. I ran quickly towards the door and unlocked it.

"Sorry, I was putting clothes on!" I apologized, while scratching the back of my head. She glared at me with a weird look.

"You didn't even do it right though" she said, while pointing at the label of my shirt that was below my neck. I had put it upside down.

"Oh damn, hehe" I said, trying to hide my shame. She walked further inside my room and stood in the middle of it.

"Why were you sleeping with the door locked anyways?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I, uh, heard a loud noise at night, I thought it came from downstairs so I got scared", I replied fast, as I felt my arms getting sweaty.

"Anyway, I just came to remind you to do the dishes and clean up a bit because I don't have..time..." she slowed down, as she saw something behind me. I turned around, only to find out Yato had forgotten his jersey.

"When did you get that?" she asked. I felt my blood boiling and my cheeks burning red.

"Y-Yesterday..a-aat the festival", I replied, with a smile on my face. She sighed.

"Just take care of the house while I'm gone okay?" She walked towards the door and I nodded.

"And next time you bring a boy home, at least let him leave properly from a door." She closed the door behind her and left, as I had remained frozen in the room staring at it.

'Crap.'

~

"WHAAAA she caught you?!?!" Kofuku yelled, after I was done explaining everything that happened.

"Not exactly...but she realized there was a boy in my room last night", I replied.

"She's sharp", Daikoku commented. I nodded in terror.

"Well at least she doesn't know you had sex, right?" Bishamon said. I dropped my jaw as Kazuma covered her mouth, reminding her Yukine was there. Yukine looked at them with curiosity.

"I...I don't know..", I blushed.

"Oh come on, you just turned eighteen, it's okay, isn't it?" Kofuku said.

"Well...I suppose..." I felt my cheeks burning. "But maybe not for mom."

"I'm sorry if I got you in trouble", Yato said with a sad look on his face.

"N-no it's-it's okay Yato, d-don't worry about it, we'll find a way!" I smiled warmly at him.

"I got it!" Kofuku shouted, and looked over at me. "Why don't you let your mom meet Yato?"

"WHAT?! NO! No no no no no, no way!!"

"But why? If she knows him, she'll let you guys date!", Yukine said.

"Are you kidding?! Yato is a God guys, a G-O-D. I'm a human, a H-U-M-A-N. What am I supposed to do, just casually walk up to mom and tell her 'oh you know mom, my boyfriend is a God from the Far Shore and the little blond boy is his weapon'? She'll wonder what's the drug I take."

"It's true, she'll think you're crazy if you tell her that..." Kazuma commented. "What if you just don't tell her he's a God?" I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Just tell her it's someone you met at the park, or the beach", he continued.

"But it will make it more widely known, and that might get you into further trouble.." Daikoku said. There was silence for a few seconds.

"I'm willing to risk it", Yato announced while getting up.

"Yato.." I looked at him surprised.

"But it's very dangerous! If this gets more known, somebody can let the Far Shore know, and do you have any idea how big of a risk that is?!" Yukine told him.

"I don't care", he replied...

"I love Hiyori more than I fear them."

-