Chapter 3

On my way home, I saw Ami and Yama walking together and laughing. Their voices faded as I approached them with a smile.

"Guys, where were you? I was waiting all evening at the park yesterday but you didn't show up, and I tried calling you but you weren't answering."

"Well, you see Hiyori..." Ami's voice faded as she looked at Yama and she shrugged.

"What's the matter?" I asked, trying to get one of them to explain.

"We were going to show up", Ami continued with a shaky voice, "but we uh, had a thing to take care of..."

My smile turned to a frown. "Ami, I can tell that something else is going on."

"Okay fine, don't take this the wrong way, but we realized we don't wanna...hang out...with you..anymore..."Ami finished hesitantly.

"We know you've been hiding secrets from us, and you've made a bad reputation for yourself, we're worried that it might stain ours, too.." Yama said.

"Sorry" Ami said without a sign of emotion and they continued their way, as they started laughing again a few meters further.

I went to the park I was yesterday and sat on the swings thinking. But there was one thing wrong: I could not think anymore. I tried so hard, to figure out where I went wrong, but I failed, nothing came to mind. All I could think of was a single sentence:

'Nobody wants me anymore, so why am I still here? '

"Hiyori".

Yato had found me once again. I didn't turn around, I was too distracted by my mind.

"Hiyori?" he repeated, when he had reached me. I looked at him with an emotionless glare.

"Hey, what's going on?" he asked with a soft voice, and sat on the swing next to me. I slowly turned my head and looked at the ground in front of him.

"Nothing", I attempted to reply, but I was only able to whisper.

"Don't 'nothing' me, look at you!" he responded.

"I'm fine", I said with a normal voice.

"You're a mess-"

"I'm fine!" I yelled. Yato stared at me with a look full of disappointment and sadness. I got up outraged.

"Just leave me alone!" I yelled again, while running away. Yato tried to follow me, but he failed.

-