Chapter 10

The three of us were walking down the city's main street, as the sun was almost down and shining its last ray of light. It felt so awkward when we passed by dad's company. While looking at it, I felt something heavy on my chest, like the darkness was about to fall again, and a whole flashback of that night played in front of my eyes. Yato held my hand and I turned my attention to him, kind of surprised.

"It's okay Hiyori. It's in the past. I'm here." His warm wide smile brightened up his face and his eyes were shining with love. I smiled and nodded. We kept walking while holding hands until we reached our destination, a pizzeria. I offered to treat my boys, and we had an awesome evening eating, talking and laughing together. Having fun. 'That's how real friends are supposed to be ', I thought.

'This is what...I needed the most..'

"Hiyori, something wrong?" Yukine asked with a mouth full of pizza, when he noticed I spaced out.

"No, nothing", I replied and laughed.

"Hey, Yuki, why don't you go to Kofuku to spend the night?" Yato said while we were walking on our way back. "She's probably alone at home."

"Whaaa? It's only nine o'clock!" I was listening at the conversation while walking ahead of them.

"And why are you still awake? Kids your age have to sleep early-"

"Guh, just say you wanna sleep at Hiyori's". I got surprised and turned around. Yato blushed. "I-It's not that, idiot..", he looked away, and I giggled.

"Okay okay...I'll see you guys tomorrow." I waved Yuki goodbye as I watched him take a turn in an alley at the corner.

"So? Is your goal to invade my house? I don't have any more food to offer you."

"It's not food that I want.." I looked him in the eyes as I could see my reflection in his greedy gaze.

I unlocked the door at my house and opened it, while Yato had already started playing with me. "Yato, wait, hold on.." I was struggling to close the door behind me and leave my things somewhere, as Yato was trying to get my attention. After I was done, I stopped resisting and Yato started kissing me on the lips softly, while touching my shoulders gently, moving towards my waist and wrapping his arms around me.

We were so close to each other and enjoying the moment, however a phone call broke the atmosphere. I sighed. 'Who can it be at this time? ' "Yato let me take this." Yato crossed his arms and made a funny face, like a small kid that wanted chocolate but the store was closed. I ran to get the phone call and answered.

"Hello?"

"Is this Iki Hiyori?"

"Yes, this is her speaking. Who is this?"

"I'm calling on behalf of your parents. They have been invovled in a car accident and are currently being hospitalized at our clinic about three hours away from the centre of Tokyo. We would like your presence immediately."

"..."

"Ms. Iki?"

"..Yeah, yes, I'll...I'll be there as soon as possible. Thank you" I hung up, with a shaking voice and a frozen body.

"Hiyori, what happened?" Yato looked so worried. I was looking at him with an emotionless gaze, trying to believe the words I had just heard.

"Come with me Yato." I suddenly started moving again, grabbed his hand and the things I left earlier, as I started walking quickly towards the station, with my heart racing, trying so hard not to cry.

-