Chapter 41

An hour later, Nori and I were at Kofuku's, where I explained everything that happened with Tatsu.

"Ooh so you said yes, but threatened him?" Kofuku asked, kind of surprised.

"Yeah, I guess.."

"You did the right thing", Nori said. "Besides, you've told me Yato is strong, even if that fucktard tries to hurt him he'll fight back, right?"

"Under normal circumstances, yes..but something is really bothering me here. Yato apparently knows his own scent, so what will he think if he smells it from someone else? Or, even worse, what if they two know each other somehow?" Some of my theories left my mouth with weak words. I was getting really worried.

"I don't know what he might do. He did promise me he won't even touch Yato, but can I really trust him?" I glanced at both of them with a worried look on my face. They had the same.

"Well all we can do now is wait, isn't it?" Nori said, and I nodded. There followed a few moments of silence, and they seemed endless.

"So, this Yato must be pretty cool, huh? I've heard so much about him from Hiyori, that sometimes I wonder if he's actually human." I looked over at Kofuku, who had a very awkward look on her face, and I decided to speak before her.

"Actually..", I began, "there's..something you should know." Kofuku glared at me in a way that said 'what do you think you're doing', but I couldn't hide something like that from my friend -my best friend. After about half an hour, I was done explaining everything about Gods, Shinkis, Phantoms and the Far Shore. Nori had remained silent, with her mouth open, and I closed my eyes tightly afraid of her reaction.

"That's..that's so cool !!!" She said excitedly, and I opened my eyes slowly to see she had raised her fists in the air, and a wide smile was spread on her face.

"Wha-"

"So you're telling me you're a half phantom, and Yato is a God and you're dating and when you told me that thing with the murder it was with Yato's enemy, another God?!"

"Y-yeah, sorta.."

Nori unfolded her legs and started squealing and moving in place from excitement.

"Luckyyy", she said as she dropped her head on the table exhausted. Kofuku and I laughed.

"And wait, you're also a God?" she asked, pointing at Kofuku.

"Yep", Kofuku replied and winked.

"Aaaww I feel left out", she mumbled, I smiled gently.

"I feel like I'm the only one unrelated to the Far Shore...I even believe that Tatsu guy could be, and not me."

I knew she said it as a joke, but the thought ran through my mind too.

'He did have the smell of a God -even if it was another one, he did know a ton of things about me and he did take money for something I wished. Of course, he could've just been spying me, and the smell could just be my imagination, from missing Yato too much. As for the money, anyone would ask for it to bring someone back from far away.'

"Hey, Kofuku.." I said silently, my voice barely being heard, while looking at the floor.

"Hm?" She turned to me.

"Will he...really return?"

"Heh?"

"Will Yato...really return?" I felt my eyes filling with tears and my face getting hotter.

"He was sent to fight...what if he.."

"No, Hiyorin, don't you dare think about something like that again." She moved in front of me and held me from both shoulders.

"Yato will come back. Alive. He's strong and he also wants to see you again as soon as possible, I'm sure of it. He would never leave you alone." My tears had started flowing down my cheeks and Kofuku was wiping them out while talking to me.

"We'll wait for him together, okay? Because he will return. I promise." She hugged me tightly and I kept on crying on her shoulder, as Nori also came next to me and caressed my head and back, gently running her fingers through my hair.

[A/N: I know it was kinda boring but bear with me, it gets interesting really soon! By the way today was a double chapter day, 40 & 41, in case you got confused :)]

-