Chapter 1

I heard the bell and I got up from my desk. I stretched, took my bag and put in on my shoulder, while looking around. Everybody was so noisy, getting their things and going home, talking about how awesome their summer is going to be, while I didn't even know if I would make it that far.

At least school was over for today. I tried walking quickly in the school hallway, so that they will not see me again -but I failed. There they were, all three of them.

"Hey guys look, it's the Sleeping Pig" the middle one said while pointing at me and they all laughed. They call me that because I still can't control when I leave my body and I often 'fall asleep' in class. As for the pig, a (nick)name isn't complete if it doesn't include something about your appearance, is it?...

My cheeks were burning. I made a 'tch' sound and continued my way out of this hell...

Just to go to another.

At home, mom was reading a newspaper, while dad was nowhere to be seen.

"You're late", my mom commented while closing the paper and leaving it on the table.

"S-sorry, it won't happen again-"

"You said that last time, too, and I told you next time you'll be late I'll take measures." I tightened my fist and tried not to let my tears flow.

"I'll think of that later, though, go study for school. And you better study the right way." I was grinding my teeth, trying not to let out what I truly wanted to say...

"Yes, mother."

While running upstairs, I heard her yelling "your father is out for business, you don't want to get him angry do you?"

Yeah I know dad's "business". Business is the last thing it is; getting wasted at some pub or walking down the streets with a bottle of vodka on his hand...

I quickly got in my room, locked the door and hit it with my fist while dropping my forehead on it. 'Why? Why do I have to have such a hard time?! ', I thought to myself once again.

"What's wrong, Hiyori?" I heard a familiar voice coming from behind me. I turned around to see the only person that could possibly enter my room in such ease. He was playing with one of my scarves.

"Yato", I said, while wiping away my tears.

"I-It's nothing, don't worry."

"Are you sure? It doesn't sound like it." He let go of my scarf and he approached me as his deep blue eyes glared at me like they were searching for the truth. I stared at the floor, trying to hold back my tears.

"Yeah, really." I lifted my chin and smiled widely.

"I'm just tired."

"That's what you always say-"

"Yato I'd love to have a conversation right now, but I have to study." Just thinking of what would happen if I didn't study made me tremble. "Oh.." He looked away.

"Besides, if anybody finds out you're here, we'll both be in trouble."

"Okay then, I'll...leave you alone. I'll go find Yukine, I'll come back later." I smiled and waved him goodbye as I saw him jumping out of my window. I let out a deep breath, dropped my fake smile and took out my books, as tears started flowing down my cheeks once again. I wiped them out and started studying..the right way...

-