Chapter 7

Time for school again, but I felt so devastated. All I wanted was to go back home and stay in my bed forever, or spend the entire day with Yato. He's the only person that makes me happy. I can't believe what he did yesterday. I made a promise to him and I won't break it. I won't cut again. I don't want to hurt him.

When the teacher walked in, I heard her say "Okay class, we have a new tranfer student. Please treat him well", and some footsteps. I lifted my gaze, only to see Yato standing across the room. I fought so much to not get up and scream. Yato introduced himself to the other students and took a seat next to me.

"Why the hell are you here?!"

"I came to help you."

"Wha- I...I don't need help." I looked away, my cheeks burning.

"I told you yesterday that I'll teach those assholes a lesson, and that I won't stop until you're happy. Isn't that what you've been asking for every night?" He smiled at me warmly, while my eyes widened. The teacher told us to stop, so the conversation continued with an awkward silence.

While leaving, I saw them once again.

"Are you going for nap, Sleepy Pig?" They started walking towards me, as I walked with backward steps.

"Or are you gonna munch on sweets again?!" They were so close that I hit the wall and dropped my books, as I could almost feel their breath stealing my oxygen.

"How 'bout I put you for a nap earlier, Piggy?" An evil smirk was shaped on his face. I watched him as he lifted his arm and wrapped his palm in a fist. I closed my eyes tightly, while my legs were shaking and my heart was pounding so fast.

"Just what the fuck do you think you're doing to Hiyori you assholes?!??!!?!"

I heard loud sound as Yato's voice echoed in the hallway. He had punched him, dropped him to the ground and he was now standing in front of me, his left hand keeping me protected behind him. I was so shocked, I tried to speak but nothing came out. He got up from the ground, wipped the blood from his mouth and smirked again.

"And who might you be, you dumbass?"

"I'm.."

He looked at me and smiled warmly, like he was reassuring me everything would be alright. He looked in the front again.

"I'm Hiyori's boyfriend."

I tried to keep myself from saying anything, but a small sound came out of my mouth before I covered it with my hand.

"Hiyori, get out of here. Things will get messy."

"B..but Yato-"

"Go! " His blue eyes met mine and I felt like everything froze for a moment. Without a second thought, I started running towards the exit.

'Yato..'

-